Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Kaydee

I joke alot about boozing it up but really...it makes people stupid sometimes-if you're the sober one in a buncha people partyin' hearty you knowwww how dumb some of em get, most alcohol is fattening and alot of it tastes really nasty besides...really

Next time you do want to be social and adventurous though try a black or white Russian, sweet milk with a kick...pretty good actually

n' gambling is a complete waste of time...but thaz jus me
Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Yeah... you suck. LOL jk

My sister has never drank, she's 35, and my brother didn't drink until he was 21. I however started with a zima at 14 and well, I really enjoy my wine and vodka. We all are happy, successful, and can have a good time, alcohol or not.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:10 PM
APBT crazy!

I'm 26 and don't drink at all. I don't see the fun in it, to be totally honest. I will drink at an event or a family gathering but it's usually just a wine cooler and those don't have too much alcohol in them any way.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Top Dog

You don't suck! My roommate in college was our DD all the time - she didn't drink but she didn't judge and got a lot of good laughs at our expense.

PW - I sincerely hope there is video of your caterpillar-ness. Also, I'm really glad I got the majority of my stupid drinking out of the way before camera phones became popular.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 06-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Top Dog

I'm dreading my 21st birthday (January). I don't intend to ever be drunk, I have this odd, unexplained hatred for drunk people for no apparent reason, it's certainly not something I want to do to myself. I really have zero interest in alcohol, never had a drink, just a sip of champagne (which is gross) at special family events. I might end up having the occasional drink with dinner, but maybe not, I have a feeling is all tastes pretty gross. One of my brothers absolutely hounds me about drinking, he doesn't understand what's wrong with me. People just can't seem to fathom why someone wouldn't want to drink, I just know they are going to be all over me about it on my birthday, I'm hoping if I don't mention it everyone will forget lol. So I feel your pain! Don't let anyone make that choice for you, if you don't want to drink you don't have to, and you don't need a good reason either, it always bothers me when people are like BUT WHY?? um why should I? No asks me why I don't smoke pot, do they really think it's because it's illegal? Heck it's probably safer than alcohol, but no one is baffled because I don't want to get high. I just don't see any reason to get drunk or buzzed, and I'd rather not, what's wrong with that? Sorry i've turned this into a mini rant lol.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

A friend of mine and I were talking about this. We have both heard people say "LOLOL you've never really celebrated your 21st birthday if you weren't puking drunk." WELP. Guess I never really celebrated my 21st birthday. I've never been that drunk and I aim to never be that drunk ever in my life, so.

I do drink, usually at home when I'm not driving or when I know I'm going to be at the bar for like four hours so I have plenty of time to sober up, but it takes quite a bit before I start getting tipsy, and I can't really afford that hahaha. I usually only have one or two drinks and that won't get me hammered. =P

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 06-12-2012, 08:09 AM
Top Dog

I think I made a thread like this after my birthday. I suck at being 21 too. I still have only gone out to a true bar like once. I never order a drink when I just go out to dinner or whatever, LOL.

The only benefit is that most of my friends are older so it comes in handy, like this weekend I am visiting some friends in another town, and I am sure they will want to go out, and I won't have to worry about being left or sneaking in, or finding a place I can go, etc.

My biggest problem is I truly don't like the taste of most alcohol, so I'm not going to drink down something that I cannot stand just because every one is begging me to.

On my 21st, I appeased people by sipping on a vodka drink all night. The SAME drink just so people would see I had one in my hand. And then I did two shots. And be honest, I didn't even feel buzzed.

But then what's even more annoying is that since you *don't* drink much, when you *do* have a drink in your hand, every one freaks out and is all excited and like "woohoooo we're getting you drunk!" Just because I'm having ONE drink doesn't mean I want to get plastered.

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu7 View Post
There's nothing wrong with not drinking. It's not some mystical rite of passage, it's just a thing. And this is coming from a 22 year old male who drinks like a pirate.

Plenty of people don't like alcohol. The best thing to do is go to a bar and try a few things. Maybe you'll find something you love. Make sure it's a common drink though, so you can order it anywhere.
This is what I did. Found something that's tolerable, that I kind of like, so it's my 'go to' if I go out and am pressured to drink, LOL, or just to have one.

I ordered a vodka sunrise per a friend (I think it's usually a tequila sunrise but I don't like tequila). So I know most places will have that. And then I got this pomegrade berry-something or the other that I liked but don't know how common. I know I'm safe with any kind of fruity drink usually or frozen. But just a beer or a glass of wine? Nope.

Brit & Jackson

Old 06-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I've been drunk twice in my life. The first time was during my freshman year of college. The second time doesn't really count- it was more of an interaction with cold medication and made me sick after 2 drinks! I will NEVER get drunk again. NEVER EVER. It isn't enjoyable! I didn't drink at all in high school- I think I had one Mike's Hard Lemonade up until I was in college.

Most beer and liquor you'll come across at a young age is terrible. In high school and college, everyone would drink things like Smirnoff, Natural Ice, cheap tequila, etc, etc... like every other food and drink, there is good stuff and there is bad stuff.

I LOVE good beer... it's fantastic! I won't drink any mainstream beer like Busch, Budweiser, Miller... those are all watered down American lagers and they're disgusting. I used to think I hated beer until I had my first real beer from a microbrewery! If you do want to give beer a chance, I'd recommend getting something like Blue Moon (put a slice of orange in it!), Sierra Nevada, or Hazed and Infused- all of those should be available wherever you live. They're all pretty good introductions to beers with flavor!

I still can't like wine. I've given good wine a chance, and I still think it tastes terrible.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 06-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I still can't like wine. I've given good wine a chance, and I still think it tastes terrible.
You may be drinking a dry and should try sweet or semi-sweet, or even vice versa. Some people can't do sweet wines and need to go for a dry wine. Personally, I don't like dry wines at all. I can usually tell just from smelling a glass of wine if I'm going to like it or not, but I have been surprised before. I LOVE sweet wines - and dessert wines are even better. Mmmmm. My fave is from a local winery and it's a sweet raspberry wine. SO GOOD... and amazing with chocolate. The first time we ever tried it, they brought brownies. Take a drink, take a bite. Now take another drink. Now take another bite. O.M.G. The more you alternate, both flavours start getting richer. It's amazing. I'm almost drooling right now just thinking about it.
It's also like 18% or something ridiculous like that. =P

I'm also a fan of Moscato, but if you get a good one, it basically tastes like Welch's grape juice, and you can get into trouble REALLY fast with that because it goes down ridiculously smooth and you could basically down the entire bottle... then you stand up and go "Oh. WHOOPS."

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog