Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
I wish every rapist had that word, rapist, indelibly marked on their foreheads forever.

((((hugs))))

It's horrifying. And I don't know the answer. It makes me wonder how many other girls he's wounded.
Me too.

There's no answer now. I avoid all athlete alumni things at my university, and I try to not think his name. But I wonder, with the way things happen, if I was not indeed the only girl to suffer at his hands. And now he's a cop.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Top Dog

Oh Mia. Ugh ugh ugh.
I am so sorry. (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
Old 06-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
No, I didn't. I've wanted to, but then I just bottle it back up and push it back down deep inside. Heck, it's been almost 15 years, and I suppose you could say that I'm still as screwed up now as I was then.

I would like to, but there's so much more to the story. And I wouldn't even know how to find a counselor, much less what I would say. The only person, besides you anonymous internet folk, that knows about it is my then ex-boyfriend (we had broken up about 9 months prior).
Do a therapist search in your area. You call and say you need to set up an appointment. Once in the appointment you donít have to talk about the rape if you donít want to. You can say you were raped, and go from there, or you can simply start with something easier to talk about but thatís still an issue.

It would be a gift to do this for yourself.
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 06-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Top Dog

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}
Old 06-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Felurian

(((((((HUGS)))))))

Sadly, guys like that (and some women) are often drawn to careers where they have authority and power over others. I've known cops who were vicious wife and child beaters. I'm sure I've met a few who were rapists. I know I've been around some that I would classify as rapists, although *technically* they aren't -- but have used their position to bully and/or extort sexual favors.

No one, especially yourself, should blame you or second guess you for not pressing charges.

From what you've described, it sounds like you were being "good ol' boyed" by a community of people who didn't want to see things stirred up, especially for the guy jock. You probably made the right decision for your own sanity. Rape trials, especially when the accused is someone like that, are ugly -- for the victim. Beyond ugly. Honestly, I doubt very seriously I would report it if I were raped.

Try calling a rape crisis line. They should be able to direct you to a choice of counselors, and just making that initial call might help some too.

((((((((MOREHUGS)))))))))

And yah, the world is full of assjerks and short on justice. Really short.

You have every right to be angry, X10000.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Top Dog

I would try therapy. It really can help.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you canít eat money." ĖNative American proverb
Old 06-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Im so sorry, I have no words only support. I just can't imagine. ((((((HUGGIeS)))))

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 06-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

I am so sorry, I was talked into not prosecuting.... It was years later before I even admitted to it... I was very young when it happened, and told my Mom but she didn't believe me (family friend)

I have regretted it at times and worry he's done it to others and no one is the wiser... He is "clean" criminally.... But I am not sure I could have handled what it would have involved...

Therapy was extremely helpful...

As was a support group I went to, these days there may even be forums where you can be very, truly, anonymous...

((((((( HUGS ))))))))
Old 06-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Wookie Collie

Echoing everyone else. I don't feel comfortable disclosing much, but I've been in a similar situation as you, and I would be in the same boat. I echo counselling; it can't hurt to get it on the table with someone unbiased who can help you work everything out. It helped me more than I ever thought it would.

Huge hugs and support from a fellow victim. Please PM me if you feel like talking to someone. <3

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 06-11-2012, 05:54 PM
APBT crazy!

(((hugs)))