Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-04-2006, 06:43 PM
RedyreRottweilers

2 of mine would, and I know this for absolute certain, because I have worked them on the field.

No one said a word about your particular dogs. I did not say all dogs. I said most dogs. Oriondw said 90% of dogs.

Unless you have tested your dogs in a real situation, you can never know what they will do when one presents itself.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Show Dog

Rufus, my rottie/pit mix never barks at anything. We have even found people in the yard petting him before we new anyone was out there, Rufus weighs about 80 lbs. Now on the other hand I have my very loud 9 lb Min-Pin Mini, who barks at the bass sound on the tv cuz it sounds like a car door sometimes. LOL you can just never tell.

TO LOVE AND BE LOVED IS LIFES GREATEST TREASURE
Old 01-04-2006, 07:46 PM
user not active

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers
2 of mine would, and I know this for absolute certain, because I have worked them on the field.

No one said a word about your particular dogs. I did not say all dogs. I said most dogs. Oriondw said 90% of dogs.

Unless you have tested your dogs in a real situation, you can never know what they will do when one presents itself.

I know mine will too
Old 01-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Top Dog

I know mine won't and I hope they don't. I would prefer they go hide so they live to see another day.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:03 PM
RedyreRottweilers

AmStaffer, I am surprised at the numbers of people who do not realize that ANY form of human aggression is totally incorrect for your breed.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers
AmStaffer, I am surprised at the numbers of people who do not realize that ANY form of human aggression is totally incorrect for your breed.

Your right there....They were never used to be guard dogs (large scale) until the Crack explosion of the 80s. Then Drug dealers started using them to guard drugs. The breed as a rule are usually very human friendly and even their watchdog skills are subpar. Great eyes sight and hearing just not all that worried about intruders. My dogs think everyone (and I mean everyone) who comes to the door is a long lost best friend. I just got new home owners insurance and my new agent was "amazed" how friendly my dogs are. He said they are really friendly for Pit Bulls, I said " Actually most are like this".

I actually think some Pit Bulls are abuse and neglected because people buy them think "I will have the toughest, meanest guard dog in the world" and then they end up with the "Sweetest, most friendly dog on the block" they are disappointed. They end up taking this disappointment out on the dog.

I wish the media would stop pushing pit bulls as macho, tough and mean.

It goes to show you the power of the media.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Puppy Dog

I will keeps this one short....i totally agree with you on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amstaffer
Your right there....They were never used to be guard dogs (large scale) until the Crack explosion of the 80s. Then Drug dealers started using them to guard drugs. The breed as a rule are usually very human friendly and even their watchdog skills are subpar. Great eyes sight and hearing just not all that worried about intruders. My dogs think everyone (and I mean everyone) who comes to the door is a long lost best friend. I just got new home owners insurance and my new agent was "amazed" how friendly my dogs are. He said they are really friendly for Pit Bulls, I said " Actually most are like this".

I actually think some Pit Bulls are abuse and neglected because people buy them think "I will have the toughest, meanest guard dog in the world" and then they end up with the "Sweetest, most friendly dog on the block" they are disappointed. They end up taking this disappointment out on the dog.

I wish the media would stop pushing pit bulls as macho, tough and mean.

It goes to show you the power of the media.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny
I will keeps this one short....i totally agree with you on this one.
I bet we agree on a lot more things than we disagree on