Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu7 View Post
Idk what they do, but it's delicious.
^^

Except I know what they do, in both mass slaughterhouses AND in sustainable humane farming practices.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Top Dog

I know what they do on propaganda videos. I don't know what's true and what's not anymore, it is very hard to be sure what you are seeing.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:12 PM
*Now with Snark*

I'm a textures person. I can eat beans... refried beans hit my gag reflex like nothing else.

I think the worst tasting thing I've ever eaten was umeboshi. It's a pickled plum and it's amazing how bad something like that can taste. I think the only other thing I've had that got me retching like that stuff was this korean pickled cabbage stuff that just made me want to hurl by scent alone... just when you think the taste is over - lick your teeth and your back in that sweet hell all over again.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm All Ears

Raw tomatoes. I know that's not what you mean but they make me gag.

I've also had some bad milk from the school cafeteria and bad chocolate milk there too. I don't know which is worse, but they got mad at me for 'holding up the line' to check the dates on my milk after that and kept telling me they never have any bad cartons. I call bull.

My grandma also makes this awful food and I'm not sure what it is. It's green and gooey and has fruit and nuts in it. The texture is terrible.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:48 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh and I forgot but last week I went to Walmart and picked up a soup they sell in the fridge section. It's a walmart brand. I've had it before and it's been fine, but last week I got one and was going to eat it (corn chowder). It was the most vile thing ever. I guess it must have been spoiled even though the date was good. I barely got the spoon on my tongue before I started gagging. Even thinking about it now makes me want to gag. It was the strangest, most sour/bitter taste ever that just stuck with you. I kept trying to drown the flavor with other foods and then by brushing my teeth and using my mouth wash and it would not go away. I could taste it all evening.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Top Dog

I'm still thinking about that eating tripe...thanks for that. You win I think.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:13 PM
orange iguanas.

The chicken noodle soup from Costco is pretty atrocious. I was expecting it to be AMAZING because it looks homemade and wonderful and has their rotisserie chicken in it. It tasted like... I don't even know. Campbells soup tastes better. This had some really weird and disgusting cheese flavor to it.

Also once bought a box of Archer Farms brand mac n cheese. Again, was expecting something delicious. The picture on the box sure looked good. Then while I was cooking it I read the ingredients and saw that they use goat cheese. Totally wigged me out but at that point I thought I had to at least try it. The smell was awful but I tasted it anyway... yeah. Nasty. It was like sour feet.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-07-2012, 11:18 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
The chicken noodle soup from Costco is pretty atrocious. I was expecting it to be AMAZING because it looks homemade and wonderful and has their rotisserie chicken in it. It tasted like... I don't even know. Campbells soup tastes better. This had some really weird and disgusting cheese flavor to it.
You just used cheese and disgusting in the same sentence. We can no longer be friends.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-07-2012, 11:28 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
You just used cheese and disgusting in the same sentence. We can no longer be friends.
I LOVE cheese, but this was a nasty tasting cheese.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
I think the only other thing I've had that got me retching like that stuff was this korean pickled cabbage stuff that just made me want to hurl by scent alone... just when you think the taste is over - lick your teeth and your back in that sweet hell all over again.
Kim chi?

I think my worst was taking a swig of spoiled milk (complete with chunks). I've mostly recovered from that trauma of that event but just thinking about it used to make my skin crawl and make me want to wretch.