Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Wild At Heart

It was at a local restaurant when we were on vacation out west. Their green beans were still FROZEN when they gave them to me. I asked them about it and they said it was the way they served them. Maybe it is just me, but I prefer my green beans cooked :

Other than that, I can't really think of any other bad food experiences. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
The "saw mill gravy" at Cracker Barrel I'm pretty convinced it was named for its main ingredient, saw dust. Blechk!!
Say what?! Their gravy is the bomb!!!

Harleigh <3
Old 06-07-2012, 01:02 PM
APBT crazy!

Taco chicken salad at El Taco. It was just gross, I couldn't even take more than one bite. My family had something different but they were also expensive. We just went home and ate cereal.

Also Chicken Greek Salad at Montana Club. It was full of onions, no way around them so I couldn't eat it. It was expensive too, around $10 for a big salad that was gross.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Top Dog

I found a cockroach in my Caesar salad once. I had already eaten a good portion of the salad before he appeared.

It still makes me feel icky to think about.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Mutts to you

Traveling to a fencing tournament, we stopped at some little Italian place in Louisville, KY for dinner - had the WORST spaghetti, tasted like they'd put a tire in the sauce.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 06-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Are you dead yet?

The "tacos" from mcdonalds or burger king.

In Mexico, probably the worst thing I've had is what looked like a hunk of dried papaya encrusted in sugar. It looked DELICIOUS, and I was expecting a dehydrated papaya that had been sugared. When I cut into it, it was slimy and gooey underneath the sugar coating, the texture was disgusting and the flavor was WORSE! It tasted like old, moldy sugar. Not like fruit at all. All I could taste was gross sugar. Ugh.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Mitch & Erin

Back in Wisconsin, i got ear wigs in my pizza from...somewhere. Can't remember. Didn't go back.

Crawfish at a Chinese buffet. All wrong, all terrible
Old 06-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

Spaghetti in Germany. They baked the noodles and burnt them, and the meat was slimy. That's not the worst thing I've had though, just the only thing I could think of right now.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 06-07-2012, 05:38 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Fresh apple off the tree...that had a worm in it. EWWWWWWWWWWW. I didn't eat the worm, but there is nothing more disgusting than taking a bite of a delicious apple and than realizing an inch away there is a worm also enjoying the apple. Bleh bleh bleh bleh bleh. I think I washed my mouth out with soap. LOL

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 06-07-2012, 05:42 PM
and Fozzie B!

Anything from Denny's. That place nauseates me... maybe because my great-grandmother died there. D:

My sister makes Croatian food that tastes AWFUL. Like, horrible. She isn't from Croatia but tries to make it for her Croatian husband. She made these giant, baked tomatoes filled with feta cheese and olives and gross things and I almost vommed. His Mom made "Croatian Baklava" and I could not bare to even pretend to eat it. It was gooey, horrible, and weird. And filled with some sort of mashed up nut goo. The pastry part of it was soaking wet and mushy. I guess I'm not a fan of Croatian food.

My sister dared me to eat a spoonful of green tripe, once. She said she'd give me $20... she never did!!! Ewww it was so hard to get the taste out of my mouth.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 06-07-2012, 05:59 PM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

Salted licorice in Switzerland. NASTY stuff. And I LIKE licorice, Just not salted.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.