Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Default Today is...

My grandmothers 90th birthday

My grandmother lives on her own, in her own apartment, not in an assisted living facility or anything. My grandfather passed away two Christmases ago and we didn't know what would become of her after that. Her children tried to talk her into living with them... but she wouldn't hear of it. she's much to independent for that.

So almost two years after my grandfather passed away (her partner of 65+ years) and a recent hip replacement she is as spry as ever.

I called her tonight and we chatted for almost half an hour. She continues to amaze me with her strength and independence and perserverance.

WOW... 90 years old

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Top Dog

That's amazing! Happy Bday to her!

I hope to be going that strong at 60 and 70 let alone 90!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Kaydee

Congratulations and you've all been blessed!!! My Dad's birthday was Sunday and he too is 90. One minute fussing about aging and the next planning his next travel adventure with his partner. You see them getting older but they can still run circles around us...amazing
Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Top Dog

Happy Bday to your grandma!

Mine is turning 90 next month She is in a retirement community (been there for 15 years, got remarried for the third time, lost him ) but she is not in the assisted living part. She still drives short distances and is still makes me tired just watching her energy lol..sounds like our grandmas are twins (I joke that she has to pencil us in to her schedule)
Old 06-06-2012, 09:54 PM
<--------Orson

Wow! I am always happy to hear of stories like this! Your Gram and Queen Elizabeth......90 and still going strong! LOL

Kevin's grandparents (paternal, his maternals are both passed on now) are 87 and still living on their own, doing their own things, driving themselves about town, out to eat, and to church. They no longer drive at night though. Like you guys, we don't want to think of one going before the other........they are inseperable.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Kaydee

I for one don't really want to live that long...I shall be about 70 and me and hubby will go together peacefully and quickly...when our Harley gets broad-sided by a cat food truck...wheeeeheeeeee