Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Mitch & Erin

Dog hugs can fix anything.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Tweleve Enthusiest

That sanity is overrated and the bed is never big enough.

Extreme owner of four herding dogs

puzzles, poetry and so much more ~ Doggy Puzzles created by me
sleep!!!
My dog Votes!
proud member of the MUMS 2009 7th place team CISRA 2009 1st place team SUMS 2009 2nd place team
Old 06-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Let it be

Bandit taught me to enjoy the simple things in life, to cool and then pretty much entirely lose my temper and mostly how to spot a great soul with misunderstood behavior. He also taught me unconditional love, real friendship and loyalty.

Really, he taught me how to be not only a better dog owner but a better parent as well. Without him I would've been a lot more hot headed. Thankfully through his grace he's helped me grow that way and my son is better off for it.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Top Dog

Sometimes I feel like Abby has taught me everything I know about dogs, love and understanding.

It's a classic case of sometimes you don't get the dog you want, but you sure as hell get the dog you need.

I wouldn't be half the owner or trainer I am now (I'm still far from perfect - I will be forever learning) if it wasn't for Abby.

Sure, I could've got lucky and had an 'easy' dog as my first, but I'm pretty slow when it comes to understanding other species and I would've just blindly stumbled along without much reflection on how my actions influence my dogs.

I now have the beginnings of a deeper understanding of how dogs see the world, how they feel, how they communicate etc. Because I was forced to address our relationship at a ground level. The frustration and sadness and feelings of inadequacy I had for the first two years of her life just fade away in comparison to the strength of the relationship we have now.

And for that I'll be forever grateful.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Big Dog

I don't even know where to start.

They have ALL, one little lesson at a time, made me who I am today.

I start this saga when I was 10-y-o.

Frisky (Beagle) taught me that dreams can come true. Think positive, pray, beg, nag, beg, nag and beg some more. He also taught me I could teach a dog to do anything my imagination could come up with.

Augie and Yogi (Beagles) taught me that there are bad guys in this world and they will steal from you.

Sparky (Heinz 57) taught me to never quit, no matter how sick you are.

Thumper (Irish Setter & Tan and Liver Pointer X) taught me whatever the task, even if it is repetitive, do it well and you will have job security. He taught me about pulling for the underdog and what sharing and being fair is all about.

Sleepy (Sheltie) taught me that even if you are lousy at one job, doesn't mean you can't be perfect at another.

Blossom (Beagle X) taught me even Mommy dogs will die trying to save their young.

Smokey (Heinz 57) taught me that even the humblest beginnings can't stop you from being a king.

Taffy (Cocker Spaniel) taught me how to manipulate my Mom.

Patches (Lhasa Apso) taught me how to make a schedule and stick to it. With his flowing locks, he also taught me about hard work.

Rebel (Bouvier) taught me that dogs do think outside the box, and very often they are correct.

Yankee (Great Dane) taught me not to take life so serious. Play a little bit EVERY day.

Sheba (Lhasa Apso) taught me that dogs do hold grudges. She was surrendered and would walk into traffic to avoid the lady that did it.

Satan (Doberman) taught me I had never had a challenging dog before. He taught me to trust him more than myself. He taught me that all the hype was B.S. I have never met a more compassionate, loving dog.

Moose (Newfouland & Mastiff X) taught me not to trust my friends...that say they only want you to baby sit their dog. J/K

Scooter (Cocker Spaniel) taught me to be persistent, she wasn't my dog in the beginning, but she was determined to be.

Punkin (Cocker Spaniel) taught me that some dogs are like elephants, they NEVER forget and they will NEVER quit looking for their original family.

Bear (Rotteweiller) taught me that sometimes just acting like a bad ass is enough.

Bandit (Border Collie) taught me that just because I don't demand perfection doesn't mean some dogs don't.

Shadow (Border Collie) taught me that even the most mild-mannered dog can seeming fly to his Mommy's rescue.

Stormy (Border Collie) not much yet, we are both still in training.

Unfortunately, what they have all taught me, is life is TOO, TOO short.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:15 PM
I'm All Ears

Mia has taught me to LAUGH and live in the moment. Mia is the opposite of 'an old soul' and I am definitely not like her in that regard. Everything is exciting and new and fun.

Summer has taught me that love, devotion, and kindness goes a long ways and is often the most powerful thing in the world. You don't need to be big or loud or in your face to be a big influence on someone.

Beau has taught me that dogs can learn an insane amount of words! And he's also taught me it's okay to be a little bit weird.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Top Dog

Never give up on friends.

Sometimes ADHD isn't a bad thing.

Naps fix everything.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 PM
orange iguanas.

PATIENCE!!

And that, no, I really am not smarter than my dog.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-06-2012, 10:30 PM
<3 my soldier

Patience....and you're outfit isn't complete without a dash of dog hair (either is your dinner).
Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 PM
APBT crazy!

Patience and unconditional love. And, to enjoy the simple things in life and how to laugh when I am having a bad day. And yes, dog hugs and kisses are the best and can make anything better.. my Jenny was the best hugger ever. And dogs do not mind if you hug them and cry on them while hugging them. I really couldn't imagine my life without a dog in it.