Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-06-2012, 05:00 AM
BusterLove

Sorry, havn't read the entire thread but I was going to suggest boarding Serenity till you get home? Atleast that way you know she's out of the way just incase.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:05 AM
<--------Orson

Hope everthing turns out all right Tahlia, I know how it is to have a-holes in the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
This. This, this, this. They need to be **** sure he's living in the house and is there to raid a house. They don't go around willy-nilly raiding random houses in case he may live there. It just doesn't happen.

If he lives elsewhere, they know.
They really don't care if they "live" at a certain place Jess, they CARE if they can find them there. If they think you are harboring someone they want, they'll raid your home, doesn't matter if it's the criminals address or not. You become a criminal if you harbor one since that is breaking the law...........whether you are a willing knowledgable party or not. It really depends on how motivated they are to capture him, how bad the crime was, how much of a danger they feel this person is, etc etc. But make no mistake, they will do it.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
He may not have been there long but he's living there.

And despite a ton of people's hate for cops they don't raid houses just because someone doing something stupid has hung around a few times. If he's their enough to warrant a house raid I would still feel he's there too much.
The reality of it is, like Coop said, that they CAN and it DOES happen. All it takes is the suspicion that he has been there, might be there, might have left something there, that someone there might know where he is, etc.

And it's not just cops -- skip recovery (aka "bounty hunters") can as well, although they aren't usually aggressive toward dogs. Some of the ones I've worked with have been bitten fairly badly and not retaliated on the dog, they appreciated that the dog was just doing its job.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Top Dog

Am I reading correctly that you went on holiday and left the dogs outside for the duration?
~Suzanne Clothier
Old 06-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danefied View Post
Am I reading correctly that you went on holiday and left the dogs outside for the duration?
Yes. I live with my mum. She wont allow my dogs inside and they I was not going to put them in my room. Sunny had free roam of the yard, Serenity on the zip line, they had proper cover, food and water. My friend was there looking after them day and night (till this happened).

I was not willing to put Serenity in to boarding because I knew how stressed she would be. She'd be happier at home. So, Sunny stayed too since she would want company and I'm sure he'd prefer to be in a familiar place too. If this hadn't happened, it would have worked out perfectly. At boarding, Serenity would have sat in a kennel all week long (as I wouldn't want people doing things with her since she's a bite risk). At least at home she'd feel comfortable and had space to move. I just didn't expect this...

Though I think we are in the all clear now.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Top Dog

A bit over 24 hours till I'm home and I get to see the Mutts <3 I can't wait. I miss them so much. Hiking, playing and sleeping in the bed for them soon enough.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahlzK View Post
Yes. I live with my mum. She wont allow my dogs inside and they I was not going to put them in my room. Sunny had free roam of the yard, Serenity on the zip line, they had proper cover, food and water. My friend was there looking after them day and night (till this happened).
I thought your responsible brother was the one watching them?

I'm not accusing anyone of anything I'm just saying things don't add up for me.

Also I'm not getting how people were all like 'it's the owners fault!' In the thread about a dog getting out and a neighbor slashing it to death and in this one the owner left her heart dog outside at a home that her know irresponsible brother with bad life choices was at enough that they are now worried the house will be raided. And it's total sympathy. I'm sorry if I come off as heartless/mean or whatever.

This situation should never have happened. This was a ton of bad choices stacked on to of each other.

I'm sorry if I'm harsh or mean sounding but if everything you have said is true you should never have left these dogs tied up there.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Top Dog

I agree...the situation sucks but IMO it is TOTALLY irresponsible to leave two dogs outside, one on a zip line! That is just an accident waiting to happen as it is.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Are you dead yet?

Frankly I'd have a great deal more sympathy for your situation, had you not left the dogs outside to go ON VACATION. If you had to leave on a moment's notice to take care of some business, or family issues, or anything unexpected like that, I could understand. But you plan out a vacation, and therefore you must have planned out leaving your dogs with your mom who apparently doesn't like dogs enough to allow them in the house. What happened to your household because of your brother is unfortunate, may it be a lesson to you to take your dogs into further consideration when you plan a future vacation?

I understand that the unexpected happens, I am glad that things are okay. Boarding kennels are your friend, especially with a bite-risk dog. Find a kennel who is willing/able to deal with your kelpie, for the safety of your dog as well as the people who might come into contact with her.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post

Also I'm not getting how people were all like 'it's the owners fault!' In the thread about a dog getting out and a neighbor slashing it to death and in this one the owner left her heart dog outside at a home that her know irresponsible brother with bad life choices was at enough that they are now worried the house will be raided. And it's total sympathy. I'm sorry if I come off as heartless/mean or whatever.
It was cruel in the former instance.

In this one, yes, there's sympathy involved, and some of us would like to hope that there's a lesson learned here, but yes, I do have sympathy for her feelings, even if it isn't a situation I'd have been willing to leave my dogs in. People are seldom open to learn, though, from being harshly condemned.

We've probably all had to learn from experience through our lives, and experience often comes from poor decisions.

Best possible outcome is the dogs are fine and Tahlia has learned to make better provisions for them in the future -- and she sticks around and uses this as a safe place to learn from other people's experiences instead of having to learn the hard way.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian