Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 PM
TahlzK TahlzK is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia, QLD
Posts: 470
Default

Just to clear things up, it was NOT my brother looking after the dogs. I'd never leave him to look after them. Serenity dislikes him and goes after him at times. I'd never trust him. He has lived away from home for years now.

When I mentioned my brother feeding the dogs, I meant my other brother is isn't a idiot.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Barbara!'s Avatar
Barbara! Barbara! is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
That.

You say "how was I supposed to know this would happen?" and then go on about you know your brother does stupid things. A pet of mine would NEVER be left in a house with people who make poor decisions. EVER. I'd take them and live on the street before that happened. I'd cancel vacation before that happened.
I know that my family can be pricks, but that still doesn't make me think that they would be RAIDED by the POLICE while I was gone...
__________________
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself." -D.H. Lawrence

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:43 PM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahlzK View Post
Just to clear things up, it was NOT my brother looking after the dogs. I'd never leave him to look after them. Serenity dislikes him and goes after him at times. I'd never trust him. He has lived away from home for years now.

When I mentioned my brother feeding the dogs, I meant my other brother is isn't a idiot.
I wasn't talking about the non idiot one either.

If the idiot one was there my heart dog wouldn't be.

I get how hard it is sometimes. I've only been on one vacation in the last 7 years because I refuse to go on one without Yoshi. I know sometimes you just have to go do things with family and friends but you still need to be responsible enough to make sure your dog is with trustworthy people when you leave.

Even if someone responsible with their life is watching your dog if they live with someone who isn't that still isn't a great situation. I'm not saying you could plan for THIS but you knew enough not to let the other one feed her. For me if I don't trust them to feed my dog she isn't staying their either.
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Renee750il's Avatar
Renee750il Renee750il is offline
Felurian
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Where the selas blooms
Posts: 94,266
Default

The way I read it, the idiot brother does NOT live there and hasn't for a long time?
__________________
In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.


There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.


Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:51 PM
TahlzK TahlzK is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia, QLD
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
I wasn't talking about the non idiot one either.

If the idiot one was there my heart dog wouldn't be.

I get how hard it is sometimes. I've only been on one vacation in the last 7 years because I refuse to go on one without Yoshi. I know sometimes you just have to go do things with family and friends but you still need to be responsible enough to make sure your dog is with trustworthy people when you leave.

Even if someone responsible with their life is watching your dog if they live with someone who isn't that still isn't a great situation. I'm not saying you could plan for THIS but you knew enough not to let the other one feed her. For me if I don't trust them to feed my dog she isn't staying their either.
My idiot brother lives 40 minutes away. He hardly ever comes to the house. What he did, it still affects us because everyone thinks he lives at the house. I should have planned for that, just in case but it never crossed my mind since he hadn't been to bad lately. He is 28 and living away from home.

I guess this is a lesson learnt, never leave the dogs at home because of some retarded brother. I left them at home because I know Serenity would have preferred that then a kennel but a kennel may be a safer route next time. I don't plan on traveling again for a few more years so I'll have better plans in line next time.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:51 PM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
The way I read it, the idiot brother does NOT live there and hasn't for a long time?
Quote:
Eddie; We've known for ages my brother is screwed up but we couldn't really do much. He hasn't even been living here for a very long time. We just didn't expect him to be this stupid. Next time I go on Holiday.. The dogs will be boarded or I wont be going.
He may not have been there long but he's living there.

And despite a ton of people's hate for cops they don't raid houses just because someone doing something stupid has hung around a few times. If he's their enough to warrant a house raid I would still feel he's there too much.
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:52 PM
TahlzK TahlzK is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia, QLD
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
The way I read it, the idiot brother does NOT live there and hasn't for a long time?
Yes. He is 28 or 29 (can't remember) and hasn't lived at home since he was 18. He lives 40 minutes away.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-05-2012, 08:54 PM
TahlzK TahlzK is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia, QLD
Posts: 470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
He may not have been there long but he's living there.

And despite a ton of people's hate for cops they don't raid houses just because someone doing something stupid has hung around a few times. If he's their enough to warrant a house raid I would still feel he's there too much.
Everyone thinks he lives at the house, all his mail is sent here so everyone checks our house first. That is the only reason. I don't blame the cops, I personally want my brother sent away before worse things happen, I just don't want my dogs hurt for no **** good reason.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-05-2012, 09:05 PM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,320
Default

I know mistakes are made. But most of the time if they are actually raiding a place they actually have seen and verified that someone is hanging around an area before saying 'hey lets raid the house'. My cousin works with the special ops team in the city near us. I asked him about it and he's said they make sure to actually see someone go in and out of a place multiple times. The mail thing isn't accurate and they know it.

These aren't debt collectors. These are actual police officers that are going to raid the house. They have to check, double check and triple check before they raid a house. They can't just say 'oh look mail goes here that's the house'.

I know a ton of friends my age *25* and older who still have mail going to their parents home.

So if he has done something and legitimately does not live with you and you are just going off the 'his mail comes to our house' I really don't see a raid happening.

If he does live there and they have a real reason to raid other than his mailing address matches then even though you aren't there it's your responsibility to get your dogs out. You say you have a friend who can get them out. If you really do and this is a real concern don't wait, don't pray everything stays ok, call them and get your dogs out of the dangerous situation.
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Greenmagick's Avatar
Greenmagick Greenmagick is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,009
Default

Couldnt you call the cops and give them access to search? Therefore, no raid? Have your friend watch the dogs, leash them, whatever while the police come?

I am a bit confused too...were the dogs just left on a zipline or loose the whole time?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site