Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
In what imaginary world is giving a fear aggressive dog to a stranger in a strange place a good idea? In the tied outside situation, she is doing what she always does, with a familiar person, in a familiar place. What is the wrong in that, at all?
I think you guys are vastly underestimating the competency of boarding kennels. When I was working at a boarding kennel, we got several dogs that were bite risks. There were dogs I was not allowed to touch. You know what we did? We let the dog out alone. It's pretty easy, provided the kennel is set up for it. Our kennel was one of the few that did take bite risk dogs, and we got some nasty dogs. They were all fine being boarded, I was actually surprised because I had thought many would have a much harder time with the environment. The dogs were consistent clients, the kennel and employees were hardly strangers (expect me, I was new, but that's why I wasn't allowed to handle some dogs).
Old 06-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Miss Alana

I hope your doggies are ok! I have a dog named Max and I sometimes worry about him @ night because he is an outside dog. He has been bitten by a HUGE German Shepard and was injured badly............... He is fine now though.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raegan View Post
I think you guys are vastly underestimating the competency of boarding kennels. When I was working at a boarding kennel, we got several dogs that were bite risks. There were dogs I was not allowed to touch. You know what we did? We let the dog out alone. It's pretty easy, provided the kennel is set up for it. Our kennel was one of the few that did take bite risk dogs, and we got some nasty dogs. They were all fine being boarded, I was actually surprised because I had thought many would have a much harder time with the environment. The dogs were consistent clients, the kennel and employees were hardly strangers (expect me, I was new, but that's why I wasn't allowed to handle some dogs).
Either way, it is sill an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. Still stressful. But, there's nothing like that in my area. Po-dunk Louisiana.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 06-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Professional Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Either way, it is sill an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. Still stressful. But, there's nothing like that in my area. Po-dunk Louisiana.

You might be surprised. I'm two hours from the nearest Target or Starbucks and I found one.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafinois View Post
You might be surprised. I'm two hours from the nearest Target or Starbucks and I found one.
I don't mean po-dunk as in remote, I mean it as in, lack of quality...in everything. Lol. I've looked before, and the closest you get to nice is nice people. Certainly no bedroom suites in my area.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb