Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 12-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottiegirl
I am pretty sure that she is 3.5 years old, but i will tell my mom to check her papers. my mom knows about pugs needing c-sections. i warned her about c-sections already. about how much would a c-section cost?
C-sections are generally around $1000. You run a large risk of loosing the bitch and some of the pups if not all. Pugs are also known to have litters as small as one puppy.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

Better adopt, why risk the chance of losing Missy, and getting no pups? Pugs have VERY hard time delivery, b/c of the shape of the pups head & might need a c-section, if its too late, she might die from birth complications.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

showpug u beat me by one minute, great minds think alike huh?

Old 12-07-2005, 04:59 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
This is the male that my mom might breed missy to. i have no idea how close he is to the standard.
This male is even further from the standard than Missy. His legs are way too short and very easty/westie (not straight), his bite is way too undershot for the breed and his face is far from flat. I would really advise your Mom, if she must breed, to stear clear of this stud!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
This is a puppy produced by the male dog.
Let me try to find you some quality expamples of stud dogs and puppies for comparison.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:03 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
This male is even further from the standard than Missy. His legs are way too short and very easty/westie (not straight), his bite is way too undershot for the breed and his face is far from flat. I would really advise your Mom, if she must breed, to stear clear of this stud!!!
thanks for leting me know. i thought his legs looked a little weird! i also noticed that his muzzle looks longer than normal.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:05 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Okay, I will answer each of your posts in sections, so bare with me! She is not close to the standard for a number of reasons. Please keep in mind that even if she is far from standard, I still recognize that she is a loved and cherished family member. I am not saying what I am saying to put her down, or pick her apart. I just feel that only dogs that adhere strictly to standard should be bred- to improve the breed. So, here are my reasons:
you are not offending me at all. i appreciate your honesty!
Old 12-07-2005, 05:09 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Let me try to find you some quality expamples of stud dogs and puppies for comparison
that would be great!
Old 12-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Top Dog

Okay, here are some examples that fit very closely to the standard. Very good breed examples:

The proper pug head and wrinkles:

How high quality, well-bred puppies should look:

A good example of proper leg length and straightness:
Old 12-07-2005, 05:19 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Okay, here are some examples that fit very closely to the standard. Very good breed examples:
thanks for the photos. those dogs look beautiful! I can tell the difference now.