Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Mitch & Erin

Default Nashville

Does anyone live in Nashville, TN? My GF and I are considering moving there, and I'm looking for tips as to what neighborhoods are good. We're looking for an apartment, not a house, so that narrows it down. If you want to throw in some pros/cons of living there, that would be great too!

And of course, it must be a good dog friendly neighborhood, there's no way I'm leaving Cthulhu behind.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Felurian

Barb04 lives in an outlying area from Nashville and might be able to give you some guidance. I'm near Knoxville and the farthest I go in Nashville is to the airport, lol.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Top Dog

I have to tell you this story...I'll never forget. I went on a spur of the moment trip to Nashville to meet my cousin there. Driving all over, I couldn't find the correct hotel, and stopped at a gas station in a run down area. I went in to see if the cashier might know the road I was looking for. I went up to the window and when I asked for directions he starts almost shouting at me "You a lone white girl lost right here?! I wouldn't have stopped here, nuh uh! *Insert random directions* Now you get on outta here, go right to yo car jump in it and lock it! Whew it's a good thing you didn't stop somewhere else, this part o town ain't no place for a white girl, be careful girl!'. One of the more bizarre exchanges I have had...but you know I lived near Tampa at the time, I found Nashville's bad areas to be better than Tampa.

So in conclusion...choose wisely? I don't know the area well though.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:49 PM
<----Thanks Allie

wow. That had to be scary to be told to get out of an area. I lived in outside of NYC for a while... and it made harlem look nice. I never want to repeat that. lol.

Hopefully someone from nashville will chime in soon!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Felurian

Could have been worse, ACD.

You could have been in Memphis

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-04-2012, 10:21 PM
Mitch & Erin

Wow. Well Erin and i are considering a lot of options, so i think Nashville might get bumped down a slot.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Felurian

The burbs around Nashville are generally pretty mundane

If you're involved in the right careers, Knoxville is an interesting place, as is Asheville, NC.

East Tennesse/Western NC also aren't subject to the weather nasties the plateau (Nashville area) gets.

Sevier County (Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge) also has an incredibly low tax rate.

And, of course, there is no state income tax in Tennessee.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Top Dog

Driving through, I thought Chattanooga seemed like a nice spot. Everyone seems to love Gatlinburg too but I haven't been.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Felurian

Of the two, I would choose Chattanooga over Nashville easily.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-05-2012, 12:24 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I'm in the Nashville area. Franklin and anything in Williamson county is expensive, but I'm in maury county (right on the Williamson line) and its much more affordable and just as beautiful. Very safe, quiet neighborhoods. Right between the country and the city so you get the best of both. If you have kids, the schools suck here though. Williamson county has great schools (I graduated from there) but Maury not so much. My siblings are homeschooled though so it works.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)