Opinion on food?

~Tucker&Me~

So we have this food at my work:

http://www.doctorsfinest.com/Healthy_Chicken_dog_food_p/glcd.htm

Ingredients
Chicken, Whole Barley, Whole Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Suncured Alfalfa Meal, Yams, Blueberries, Cranberries, Freeze Dried Raw Ingredients: (Chicken, Chicken Liver, Pumpkin, Squash, Parsley, Papaya, Sprouted Chia Seed, Sprouts, Broccoli Sprouts, Barley Sprouts, Inulin), Enzymes:(Amylase, Protease, Cellulase, Pectinase, Lipase, Phytase, Xylanese, Hemicellulase, Alpha-galactosidase, Invertase), Probiotics:(Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Bifidobacterium Thermophilum Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product Dehydrated,Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Bacillus Subtillus Fermentation Product Dehydrated),Wild Salmon Oil, Parsley, Articoke, Rosemary,Vitamins:(Lecithin, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamone Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin), DL-Methionine, Minerals:(Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acids Chelate, Manganese Amino Acids Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acids Chelate,Selenium).
I noticed it has freeze dried raw ingredients, and was unaware that this occurred in kibble lol. I was hoping to get some feedback from people more knowledgeable than me on what they thought of this food :) So.... What do you think of this food? :p

Lyzelle

Freeze dried raw is probably a short-cut to throwing the food together. For example, rather than obtain a potato, cut potato, cook potato, add milk, butter, etc....why not just buy the boxed dry version of potatoes to make mashed potatoes? Either way, it's potato, just one is the cheaper and quicker way to make mashed potatoes. That's what I'm getting out of it, anyway. I've never seen it either.

As far as the food overall, it has a place on dogfoodadvisor:
ClickyClicky. And I would probably agree with the majority of it.

The comments were especially fun to read. Apparently Great Life doesn't have a straight story with any of their formulas, labels, or ingredients.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I have to agree... too many grains, that probably outweigh the meat by a lot. Especially since the meat is just "chicken".

Nature's Variety coats all of their kibbles in freeze dried raw, and they are high in meat content. When I feed kibble, I feed their new "Raw Boost" kibble. It has chunks of freeze dried raw in the kibble and barely costs any more than regular Instinct! ;) http://www.naturesvariety.com/Instinct/RawBoost/dog/duck

Members online

No members online now.