Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Felurian

When I was doing heavy duty bodybuilding I was taking 60+ at a time, two or three times a day lol. That included multiples of some, like half a dozen dessicated liver. I really felt good results with Animal Paks.

Come to think of it, I should probably start taking those again!

Oh, and if you need to boost your hemoglobin, old fashioned dessicated liver is the STUFF.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-04-2012, 01:37 AM
and Fozzie B!

Wow. 60+ vitamins at a time?! I gag taking 4 a day and feel nauseous afterwards.

I take prenatals, but before I was prego, I took One A Day Women's Active Metabolism. It has almost the exact same values as my prenatals. I used to take fish oil pills (the kind that don't have a bad taste) but my prenatals cover that now.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 06-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Felurian

Bodybuilding takes a special kind of crazy, lol. I never took any 'roids or crap like that. I've always thought that was the height of stupidity, but doing it naturally, with no shortcuts, is hard work. Taking that many supplements is the easy part

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-04-2012, 02:13 AM
and Fozzie B!

That takes a crazy amount of perseverance and self motivation! My sister's a personal trainer, and she's trying to work up to body building... it's really amazing I can't imagine having that kind of determination. I bet she takes tons of vitamins too. My evil Stepmom accused her of taking steroids and human growth hormones and my sister kindly told her to f off and stop being jealous.

Vitamins really do make a difference though, even a few a day. I stopped getting sick when I started taking vitamins! Probiotics are awesome too.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 06-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Twin 2.0

Juice Plus+, Limitless, Fish Oil, Ginko and Vitamin C.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Felurian

Yah, I got the same accusations from my mom. Not surprising, lol. That's how she rolls

I didn't work into it, lol. I jumped right off the deep end. If I'd tried working into it I'd probably never have done it, and honestly, it freaked me out when the gym in Knoxville that sponsored a lot of the upper echelon competitors wanted to sponsor me and start me out at the state level. I'm not and never will be comfortable being out on stage like that

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-04-2012, 03:51 AM
just call me Nilly

Oh my gosh I have kind of a giant list... I'll do it as soon as I'm downstairs and am not up at almost 4am for no reason. I used to not take any, now have so many because a lot of them are for various Cancer fighting. Some of them are just good and should have been taking a looooong time ago.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010
Old 06-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Top Dog

Sometimes I take a B Complex or a Vit. C Complex, but that's about it. I've tried doing a multi-vit on several different occasions, but they make me fill sick to my stomach.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 06-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Top Dog

Just a prenatal (since that's what all the Drs. tell me to do for my hair issues) and Biotin daily. I feel like I should take more after reading this though!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:49 AM
just call me Nilly

Okay here we go. Are you ready?

What Matt worked on and chose these for me, and there are some recommended by one of the doctor I work with.
Fish Oil - 2 morning, 2 dinner
Borage Seed Oil - 2 morning, 2 dinner
Lycopene - 1 morning, 1 dinner
Garlic - 2 morning, 2 dinner
Curcumin - 3 morning, 3 dinner
Immunity (mushroom blend) - 1 morning, 1 dinner
Vitamin D - 5 morning, 5 dinner (apparently it was REALLY low on my last blood work, they put me on a super high dose)
R+SR - 1 morning, 1 mid-day, 1 dinner
Benefotiamine - 1 morning, 1 mid-day, 1 dinner
L-caritine - 1 morning, 1 mid-day, 1 dinner
Melatonin - 4 at bedtime

And from my nutritionist:
Essiac (liquid) - 2 tsp with morning, lunch and dinner
Wobenzym N - 10 pills (each time) at wake-up, mid-day away from lunch, and at bedtime
"Liver Formula" (what it's called) - 1 wake-up, 1 mid-day away from lunch, and 1 at bedtime
AHCC - 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner
Buffered Ascorbic (Vitamin C) - I do 1-2 tsp mixed with half "Pom" juice and half water. He wants me taking more but can't mix any more in there that I can handle to swallow. I drink it throughout the evening.

So there we go! That of course does not include the many pills I take, but they don't count in this thread

So that's just my supplements.

Julia: Mom to Sierra (adorable mutt - Basset x Cattledog is our best guess these days) Buddy (noisy but awesome DSH tabby cat) and Carter (adorable human baby) RIP Nya 1994(?) - 2010