Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-03-2012, 11:01 AM
Red.Apricot's Avatar
Red.Apricot Red.Apricot is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,664
Default

Oh, The Wrestler is really good, too. It made me cry buckets.

Also Gran Torino, which was pitched to me as a comedy. It is funny, but also pretty touching.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-03-2012, 11:06 AM
PWCorgi's Avatar
PWCorgi PWCorgi is offline
Priscilla Winifred Corgi
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Twin Citay!
Posts: 14,543
Default

Gran Torino was a great movie!
__________________

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi


*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Red.Apricot's Avatar
Red.Apricot Red.Apricot is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
- The Grey. It has Liam Nesson in it and I love every movie he's ever been in. Its not really scary, its more of a whats-going-to-happen-next kinda movie.
I went to see The Grey with my boyfriend, best friend, best friend's girlfriend, and best friend's parents and sister. Everyone except my boyfriend and I -loved- it, and I said when the movie finished, in a lighthearted way, to my best friend, "Wow--I was misled. Everyone told me I'd love this movie. False!" He laughed and said, "Aw, really? I thought you would."

His dad said, "You didn't like the movie?"

And I said, "No, ohmygosh it was like the worst," in a half-joking way, because obviously it wasn't the worst movie of all time; it just wasn't my thing, and I was disappointed because like 17 people told me I HAD TO SEE IT.

Ohmahgawd. He laid into me. It was crazy. "So you didn't like that but The Expendables was your favorite movie? I guess we just have different definitions of what makes a movie good then. What didn't you like? What didn't you like? Do you just not like good movies? Why not? Well that's just a plot device, obviously. Oh come on, just get over that, it's symbolic."

He left the screening room, went to the lobby, came back and started ranting at me again. Everyone was like o_______O;;

Insanity.

(Oh, and The Expendables is not my favorite movie, lol. No idea where he got that.)
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-03-2012, 12:50 PM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Lets see...
- The Objective (can be found on Netflix) was pretty weird and awesome. It really made me go "wtf" but in a good way.
- Kickass, was odd lol
- Suckerpunch was pretty amazing.
- The Grey. It has Liam Nesson in it and I love every movie he's ever been in. Its not really scary, its more of a whats-going-to-happen-next kinda movie.
- I am a HUGE fan of the Fast and Furious series, so I recommend all of those. I saw Fast Five about 2 weeks, LOVE it. But seriously, Paul Walker, Vin Diesel, The Rock, and Tyrese Gibson all in one movie? I was in Heaven lol

I am seriously thinking about going to the movies by myself this weekend and seeing The Avengers, What To Expect When You're Expecting, This Means War (if its still out in theaters), possibly Dark Shadows, MIB 3 cause Will Smith is AH-MAZING!, and idk what else.
I loved Kickass. haha. It was soooo, like, random but I freaking loved it.

I've been considering going to a movie by myself lately too. I always felt like a weirdo so never did, but there's often movies that come out I wanna see and nobody wants to see with me, haha!
__________________

Brit & Jackson


Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-03-2012, 12:51 PM
JacksonsMom's Avatar
JacksonsMom JacksonsMom is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
I went to see The Grey with my boyfriend, best friend, best friend's girlfriend, and best friend's parents and sister. Everyone except my boyfriend and I -loved- it, and I said when the movie finished, in a lighthearted way, to my best friend, "Wow--I was misled. Everyone told me I'd love this movie. False!" He laughed and said, "Aw, really? I thought you would."

His dad said, "You didn't like the movie?"

And I said, "No, ohmygosh it was like the worst," in a half-joking way, because obviously it wasn't the worst movie of all time; it just wasn't my thing, and I was disappointed because like 17 people told me I HAD TO SEE IT.

Ohmahgawd. He laid into me. It was crazy. "So you didn't like that but The Expendables was your favorite movie? I guess we just have different definitions of what makes a movie good then. What didn't you like? What didn't you like? Do you just not like good movies? Why not? Well that's just a plot device, obviously. Oh come on, just get over that, it's symbolic."

He left the screening room, went to the lobby, came back and started ranting at me again. Everyone was like o_______O;;

Insanity.

(Oh, and The Expendables is not my favorite movie, lol. No idea where he got that.)

I've been like that with a few movies, that everyone else just LOVES and I'm like I didn't like it.

I wasn't really a big Bridesmaids fan. Every one else was obsessed, I didn't think it was THAT funny. Had its moments but I have no desire to watch it again.
__________________

Brit & Jackson


Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
I went to see The Grey with my boyfriend, best friend, best friend's girlfriend, and best friend's parents and sister. Everyone except my boyfriend and I -loved- it, and I said when the movie finished, in a lighthearted way, to my best friend, "Wow--I was misled. Everyone told me I'd love this movie. False!" He laughed and said, "Aw, really? I thought you would."

His dad said, "You didn't like the movie?"

And I said, "No, ohmygosh it was like the worst," in a half-joking way, because obviously it wasn't the worst movie of all time; it just wasn't my thing, and I was disappointed because like 17 people told me I HAD TO SEE IT.

Ohmahgawd. He laid into me. It was crazy. "So you didn't like that but The Expendables was your favorite movie? I guess we just have different definitions of what makes a movie good then. What didn't you like? What didn't you like? Do you just not like good movies? Why not? Well that's just a plot device, obviously. Oh come on, just get over that, it's symbolic."

He left the screening room, went to the lobby, came back and started ranting at me again. Everyone was like o_______O;;

Insanity.

(Oh, and The Expendables is not my favorite movie, lol. No idea where he got that.)
Well everyone has different views. And I didn't like the Expendables. It was weird lol
And that's kind of... WOW how he went all crazy man on you about that movie lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
I loved Kickass. haha. It was soooo, like, random but I freaking loved it.

I've been considering going to a movie by myself lately too. I always felt like a weirdo so never did, but there's often movies that come out I wanna see and nobody wants to see with me, haha!
I actually like going to the movies by myself or just watch them at home by myself because I don't like it when I'm home and movies have to be paused for everyone in the mom to go to something. And at a theater, movies don't pause so if someone misses something, oh well! lol Plus nachos and cheese at theaters is AWESOME, oh and those coke slushie things <3 lol


And about the What To Expect When You're Expecting movie; a few people have told me it was a good movie but also boring and that is one thing I cannot handle, getting all excited about seeing a movie and it ends making me want to sleep. Seriously, that sh!t blows. If I'm paying almost $9 to go see a movie, it better be awesome.
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-03-2012, 01:49 PM
iwantmypup's Avatar
iwantmypup iwantmypup is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: I like oranges, California.
Posts: 4,683
Default

I watched Precious last night. Holy ****.

I seriously need to start going to the movies alone, my family I'm with doesn't watch anything other than kids movies, and I'm finally able to see rated R movies(without sneaking in)!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Red.Apricot's Avatar
Red.Apricot Red.Apricot is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
Well everyone has different views. And I didn't like the Expendables. It was weird lol
And that's kind of... WOW how he went all crazy man on you about that movie lol
No one should like The Expendables, lol--it was a very silly movie. I had fun watching it (probably because my mom was there), but it wasn't good. But, my point was how weird it was that he went nuts. Lots of people loved The Grey, so there must have been something redeeming about it. ;]
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-03-2012, 02:03 PM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
No one should like The Expendables, lol--it was a very silly movie. I had fun watching it (probably because my mom was there), but it wasn't good. But, my point was how weird it was that he went nuts. Lots of people loved The Grey, so there must have been something redeeming about it. ;]
You are very right about the Expendables.
I really would not have went and saw The Grey if Liam Nesson wasn't in it. I would marry his voice.
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-03-2012, 02:18 PM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,300
Default

I agree about How to Train Your Dragon. I don't buy movies normally but I have this movie and watch it all the time when I'm bored.

Kickass is funny. I love the guy who plays Red Mist. I think his name is Christopher Mintz-Plasse. His nerdy humor always cracks me up.

I like going back and watching Mulan. An animated Disney movie where the main female character isn't a damsel in distress? Yes please!

I just watched Suckerpunch. It is an interesting movie and has some really nice looking parts.

I'll also throw in my Liam Nelson fan status. I really liked the movie Taken.
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site