Car Essentials?

Michiyo-Fir

I definitely put a towel in :D Went to the beach yesterday and it was super helpful in not getting sand and wet dog everywhere!

Romy

Taxiderpy
Is there room around your spare to stow fluids? Mine is a station wagon and that's where I keep them.

I keep mine pretty stocked. In the back hatch I have a tarp laid out, with a folded sleeping bag and folded towels and a dog blanket on top. Makes it comfy for the dogs and we'll have blankets in an emergency.

Then I have a 72 hour kit in a backpack. There's food for me and the kids, along with those huge natural balance dog food chubs. Lighters, a can opener, knife, forks, soap and washcloths. Deodorant, toothpaste, and several spare toothbrushes. TOILET PAPER. Girly hygiene things (they make an excellent sterile bandage in a pinch)

A change of clothes and dry shoes for regular passengers.

A few gallons of water.

Dog water bowls.

Candles, one of those flashlights you shake to charge up.

Diapers, because of the baby.

And most essential of all, a machete. Just in case.

ETA: bungee cords, a bunch of climbing rope, and some heavy duty carabiners. They're all stowed under the tarp with the machete.

ETAETA: plus a first aid kit and a tool kit.

Last edited:

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I hate stuff in my car. There's a quart of oil and some jumper cables in the hatch with the battery. There's a squash TreeFrog air freshener under the passenger seat for some JDM awesomeness in my German car. There's the insurance card and registration in the arm rest. There's a tire pressure gauge, GPS, splitter, some napkins, owner's manual, cell phone charger, and maybe something else random in the glove box. There's some sunglasses in the radio cubby. Some change in the ash tray. An EZ Pass in the driver's side door pocket. A Labbit hanging from the rear view mirror. And there's the Valentine 1 mounted on the windshield.

Members online

No members online now.