Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Squishy face

Default Rental help!

So my roommates and I are trying to find a townhouse to rent, and we're having real difficulty getting anyone to talk to us about the listings we find. Realtors don't make much money off rental properties, so I guess they really don't care much about renting them out. We really need to move by the end of June. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting someone to freaking TALK TO US so we can go see rental properties???

Thanks!

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Top Dog

Have you tried militarybyowner, hotpads, padmapper, and of course craigslist?

I found it much easier to talk directly to the owner than to deal with a real estate agent.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Squishy face

Ok I just tried hotpads, it found nothing at all. padmapper only came up with two apartments and we aren't looking for apartments. As for militarybyowner, we aren't looking to move to a military base. (if there was another option, I couldn't find it). I will look at craigslist again, but we didn't have much luck with that.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 06-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Felurian

If you can't get the managing real estate agent to talk to you, look up the owner in the tax assessor records (they are usually online and can be looked up by address) and contact the owner directly

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Squishy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
If you can't get the managing real estate agent to talk to you, look up the owner in the tax assessor records (they are usually online and can be looked up by address) and contact the owner directly
I'm on the real estate tax section of my city and state's website. Do you know how I would look up this information? Is there another main website you know of?

Old 06-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Felurian

The site can vary from state to state -- and even county to county. You might call the tax assessor's office and get the direct site that you can search from them.

I usually have success finding the right site using search terms like property search with the county.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Squishy face

Ok I found the site that I can use to search for the owner of a property. I just tried to search for this one using the address but no results came up. Do you know what "Street Dir" means?

Old 06-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Felurian

Not sure. Sometimes the addresses from the tax records don't gibe exactly so I just put in the street name and scroll through.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Squishy face

Even if I just put in the street name, no results come up.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Felurian

Okay. That's weird.

Look at the search page. Usually there's a choice you have to make about HOW to run the search, name, address or tax map. The default that comes up is usually by name, so you may be giving it information it can't use until you designate how you want to search.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian