Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-31-2012, 12:33 AM
Felurian

I've been known to tell people mine keep out the riff-raff

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
— Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-31-2012, 02:40 AM
...ice road...

Tell someone you have six dogs living in your house, and the first thing you get in response in, "OHMYGOD you must live in a pig pen!"

Yes. Because I own dogs, I never clean. I am a filthy, horrid person. You caught me.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:55 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal View Post
Tell someone you have six dogs living in your house, and the first thing you get in response in, "OHMYGOD you must live in a pig pen!"

Yes. Because I own dogs, I never clean. I am a filthy, horrid person. You caught me.
Or "What a zoo!". I hate that. "Oh gosh, your house must be a mess!". No, it's not actually. Because I f*cking clean it. Lol.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 05-31-2012, 03:01 AM
Taxiderpy

Kaia's breeder collected borzoi hair and sent it off to one of those people who spins and weaves it. It's a gorgeous scarf and it feels like cashmere.

She took it to work and one of her coworkers was totally entranced. She kept draping it over herself, and gushing over how soft and beautiful it was. She finally asked what it was made of/where she got it. So she told the lady, "oh! I had some hair from my dogs made into a scarf."

Lady recoiled in horror and refused to touch it after that. She kept saying how gross it was, because dogs are so dirty.

Ummm... apparently she's never seen a sheep or goat in person. Frankly, I'd feel much better about wearing something made from the hair of a dog that got groomed regularly and brushed all the time vs. an animal who thinks peeing on itself is sexy, and has to have dried turds washed out of its sheared fleece.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:03 AM
...ice road...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Or "What a zoo!". I hate that. "Oh gosh, your house must be a mess!". No, it's not actually. Because I f*cking clean it. Lol.

I'd all but forgotten about the zoo comment! I haven't gotten that one in awhile! I feel like maybe I haven't been spending enough time in society lately then... thankfully. LOL
Old 05-31-2012, 07:09 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Ummm... apparently she's never seen a sheep or goat in person. Frankly, I'd feel much better about wearing something made from the hair of a dog that got groomed regularly and brushed all the time vs. an animal who thinks peeing on itself is sexy, and has to have dried turds washed out of its sheared fleece.
Seriously! Sheep are freaking gross. I bet that scarf is amazing.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 05-31-2012, 07:53 AM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
Once when my mom was over she said in a slightly astonished tone "You know, your house doesn't smell at all!" Now, my mom being my mom I know she meant it as a compliment but it did give me a chuckle. NO MOM I LIVE IN SQUALOR.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Puppy Dog

they can be pretty gross. Guests comes over, Josie especially licks her area, then tries to greet my guests? gross! not to mention embarrassing LOL.

Luckly my guests just says "she's just being a dog" but still gross! especially when she makes that smacking sound with her mouth, sounds like old men that eat mashed potatoes with no teeth!. Yes i said it, my dog is nasty lol

i've had a member of my family say "she's alotta dog" when they came over. To bad i can't say " oh really ? there's the door" This was when Josie was a crazy puppy.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:06 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Oh dear, if my dogs start that licking, I glare, they sulk and either leave the room or stop entirely. I do hate that sound!

My dogs are very noisy though and yes, dirty from the pool/garden, but I'm not so sure I care about dirt except I wish I didn't have to full on clean my house twice a week. Once a week or twice a month would be dreamy.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Top Dog

Apparently its offensive when Lily lies on her back with her feet in the air because then they can see her hoo-ha. 'Cause she's so human and cares ya know.