Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Top Dog

Default Being forced to get a job..

Did any of you guys go through this when you were a teenager? I'm starting college in the fall and I really just wanted to have a summer that I could relax before hand.
My uncle is forcing me to get a job. It's not about the money, it's not like I'm asking for things and they're like "if you pay for it", it's mostly because I haven't been able to make friends here.
I don't want a job. I don't want the money. I'm already going to have enough responsibility next year, I want to relax this summer. I want to go stay with my brother for a few weeks this summer, but he's not letting me. MY OWN BROTHER. I want to go stay with friends for a weekend this summer, I also can't because they don't trust me.
I just DON'T want a job. I feel bad being that so many people want jobs, but I'm not one of them.

I'm whining so much right now, but I just don't want to grow up yet. I'm already starting college a year earlier, i've never really had a "normal" childhood. I just don't see why I have to do this.
- A whiny teenager
Old 05-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Look at the bright side, you will most likely only be able to get a part time minimum wage job if you don't have any work experience, so you won't have that many hours and you won't make much money

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 05-29-2012, 11:30 PM
and Spy.

Look into getting a part time job That way you have spending money (which really is nice, I promise ) and can also enjoy your summer and 'relax'. 3 shifts a week, 4-5 hours each... It's honestly not bad at all. Plus school is totally different than working, you don't have to take work home and stress about upcoming tests, you just leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:32 PM
orange iguanas.

I think most teenagers have parents that make them get jobs.
I didn't get a job until I was out of high school and that was "weird".... all my friends had jobs all through high school and had to pay for their cell phones, car insurance...

It sucks but it's a necessity and will make things easier for you in the long run. It's hard to get a job when you have no job experience, especially if you're older and STILL have no job experience... so you don't really want to wait until you NEED a job.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Top Dog

Hmmm, you guys are right. A part time wouldn't be bad...and I don't think it'll be in an office or something, so I'm not sure on how exciting it'll be.
I just feel like my summer is being taken away from me, I don't want to enter the real world.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:40 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I didn't get a job until I was out of high school and that was "weird".... all my friends had jobs all through high school and had to pay for their cell phones, car insurance...

It sucks but it's a necessity and will make things easier for you in the long run. It's hard to get a job when you have no job experience, so you don't really want to wait until you NEED a job.
This

It's not that bad. I had a part time job or two from the time I was 15 (other than babysitting) and it was awesome having that extra money that was MINE and it really wasn't hard. Plenty of time to relax plus some good life lessons. Plus having something to put on a resume will really help if you find you need a job in college and even afterwards.

Eventually the fun and games have to take a backseat to responsibility

I am not trying to be a jerk but you should look beyond "they are just mean" and look into how your actions and behavior may have triggered this crackdown

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Top Dog

The summer after my senior year was soooooooo boring. It's just all this sitting around, waiting to go away to college. Getting a job is smart. It'll fill your time, and line your pockets a bit so that when college starts you'll have money for pizza or gas or ramen or whatever "luxuries" you want as a college student, and you won't have to work at all your freshman year while you're adapting to taking higher level classes.
Top Dog

My parents actually WOULDN'T let me get a job until I got out of high school. They made an exception for a summer job at the zoo between my junior and senior years, but I was dying to get a job as soon as I graduated, and that's what I did.
Top Dog

I don't really know what actions and behavior you mean sparks, but I definitely agree that the job will give me some good life lessons.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Wookie Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post

It sucks but it's a necessity and will make things easier for you in the long run. It's hard to get a job when you have no job experience, especially if you're older and STILL have no job experience... so you don't really want to wait until you NEED a job.
^ Yup, all of that!

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014