Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-29-2012, 04:18 PM
Felurian

Verizon is like the Death Valley of customer service. They're going to get their money and that's all that matters.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Top Dog

Since you refused it there is no tracking for you sending it back out. You never took possession. Get on the phone and get LOUD.

When we are a couple days late sending something out like a old battery verizon is on us. Why did it take them so long?!

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 05-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Top Dog

If they are saying they can't track it they are lying. I work with ups daily and if you rejected it the tracking number should pull up that you rejected it and track it back to verizon.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:10 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Priority Mail doesn't automatically come with a tracking number, but the Verizon stuff is shipped SmartPost, so it's one of those that FedEx and USPS share... like it starts FedEx and then finishes with USPS or whatever. My phone actually came to me FedEx, but when I sent my dead phone back I could have dropped it off at either FedEx or the post office, and when I asked the woman at FedEx about SmartPost she told me they share it and it can basically come either FedEx or USPS. So it might even be possible FedEx ended up losing ypur package?

I just tried to look up my phone replacement, and I get the "no orders in the last 150 days" too. Mine was only at the beginning of March, so it's been in the last 150 days. It must just not count as an "order?" So hopefully that means they will have your tracking number somewhere in their computer...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Kotah BEAR

Wow, Verizon is being ridiculous.
I can't believe they are making you pay late fees. I'd definitely be talking to a supervisor and bustin some balls about this.

I have NEVER had a problem with Verizon, so its weird seeing how many people have had issues with them.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
Since you refused it there is no tracking for you sending it back out. You never took possession. Get on the phone and get LOUD.

When we are a couple days late sending something out like a old battery verizon is on us. Why did it take them so long?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
If they are saying they can't track it they are lying. I work with ups daily and if you rejected it the tracking number should pull up that you rejected it and track it back to verizon.
She didn't reject it. She *did* take possession of it, but brought it back and they just marked it as rejected so she wouldn't have to pay, if I understand correctly. So, depending on if they marked it in the computer right then as rejected or not..

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Felurian

Sometimes with Verizon it's just a matter of which rep you talk to. I was in their store when my phone tanked, two weeks before I could trade it in for a new one anyway. The woman ahead of me was in the same boat, but THREE MONTHS out.

She got to talk to one rep, who took care of her and put her in a new phone. The one I talked to insisted that I either had to wait two weeks or pay full price for a new phone.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Top Dog

Sorry misread and thought it was UPS.

For that as long as she didn't open it and kept the label the same *didn't get a new label* they should have marked it as rejected on the original tag and kept the original info in the system so the info should have stayed the same.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:16 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
Sorry misread and thought it was UPS.

For that as long as she didn't open it and kept the label the same *didn't get a new label* they should have marked it as rejected on the original tag and kept the original info in the system so the info should have stayed the same.
That's exactly what the woman did. Took the package, same tag and all, and wrote "REFUSED" on it and put it somewhere in the back. It was never repackaged or anything, and it DID come with a tracking number, but Verizon never emailed us confirmation.

Nothing got done today due to a loverly random storm and Jin was late getting home, so hopefully something can be done tomorrow with USPS. Although I think I might still need Verizon to tell me the original tracking number. I don't know how long they keep records. It's been a month since we refused it.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:32 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Hm thats odd... Though it does take AGES for them to get a refused package back to the original owner.

I sent Smkie a package during christmas time (2010) but they were never notifyed that they recieved a package. It went as refused/unclaimed and made it's merry way back to me. I sent the package December 6th (don't ask how I remember that) and it got back to me in JUNE.
I sent it with the German postal services so I assume it continued on with USPS.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.