Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Do you have access to the e-mail with the original tracking number? I'd look it up and see what it says before I did anything else.
Verizon never sent us an email, either to my account or Jin's accounts. Would they have it on file somewhere? Or perhaps on our account?

ETA: I checked order history on our online account, and it says there's been no orders for 150 days, which doesn't sound right at all. So hopefully they'll have it on our account in their computers when we call them back.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Top Dog

They often have different depts for various things and the right hand doesn't always know what the left hand is doing if you know what I mean. I had an issue with a dell computer years ago, some backordered stuff, months and months went by, things got escalated and they sent me an entirely new system. a year later, my backorderded stuff showed up and I called them to straighten it out and they had no clue or record of what I was talking about because it was a different dept crazy, but sometimes they are just too big for their own good.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Felurian

Well, if there are no orders or 150 days . . . then ask them WTF are they billing you $700 for?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Top Dog

The only possible way this could happen is if they SENT us the package over 150 days ago. In between them shipping, it getting here, and us sending it back. And then of course, the month wait between us sending it back and now.

Ugh. And they've done the whole "Oh, let us check our warehouse.." thing. No luck there, either.

For now they'll charge us a late fee on top of our regular bill in order for our phones to stay on while this all gets worked out.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Felurian

Technically, you never received the merchandise.

Sounds like it's time to get loud.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Verizon never sent us an email, either to my account or Jin's accounts. Would they have it on file somewhere? Or perhaps on our account?

ETA: I checked order history on our online account, and it says there's been no orders for 150 days, which doesn't sound right at all. So hopefully they'll have it on our account in their computers when we call them back.
Okay, that's really weird. When they had to replace my phone, I got an e-mail confirming they'd sent me the phone and with the tracking number in it so I could track it on it's way to me. I'd hope they would have it somewhere - otherwise how would they even know you received the replacement phone in the first place??

I don't envy you having to deal with Verizon customer service. I had a crappy time with my phone getting replaced. I finally had to talk to a supervisor to get anywhere. ugh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Felurian

When my Verizon phone needed replacing I basically told them to go screw themselves and bought one from Ebay.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Top Dog

I think it's pretty ridiculous that we're having to pay late fees until it's all sorted out. They don't really seem all that motivated to finding the issue. They just want to make sure we're still paying.

Jin is on his way home now, and should be here in the next hour or two. I guess the major issue is trying to figure out if either Verizon or USPS have the tracking number, because we definitely didn't get it from either of them!

Thanks for all the answers. It's been pretty impossible to get answers from anywhere since it was the holiday weekend. Now that the week is back on track, hopefully this will be sorted out quickly.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Top Dog

You only get tracking if you pay for certain methods of shipping. Most ground shipping has no tracking unless you request, there's standard air shipping with or without tracking depending on what you choose and all the priority and expedited services have tracking I think.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Top Dog

Technically, we didn't ship anything. Verizon did. We refused it and sent it back. Same packaging, assuming same tracking number. Or at least hoping. It would make things a lot less complicated at this point.

But I'm pretty sure Verizon uses Priority Mail to ship orders, so it does automatically come with a tracking number. The question is, why has it been over 150 days since they sent it?! And why isn't a month plenty of time for USPS to send the darn thing back to the unholy warehouse it came from?