Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-29-2012, 10:07 AM
love herds

Desoto runs straight to the food dish, which he knows I pick up after his run outside and then grumbles and lays down by his water dish, staring plaintively at his food bowl sitting atop the fridge.

Radar sits and lets me take off his harness then dashes to the water dish for a brief second before starting a full out wrestling match with Duke. Regardless of how long we where gone, how tired he is or how hot it is.

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 05-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

Suzie used to race off to find the cat, chase her up a tree or something, and then go to the water bowl, and then find her toy for me to throw so she could go and chew it. But now she mostly just walks into the yard, gets her leash taken off, and goes to lie down. My puppy is getting old
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:27 PM
and Fozzie B!

I always LOL at my dogs when we get home from a walk... every time, they sit perfectly close together to get their leash/harness or collar removed. Then they sit there. And sit there. Sometimes for 5 minutes, hoping that I decide to give them a treat for their good behavior. I can leave the room and they'll be sitting there watching me. :| I often cave and give them a snack so I guess I've conditioned them to it!

Then they drink water together and roll around on the floor together.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 05-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Top Dog

Mine all wait for me to remove their leashes and collars, then they all go get a drink, and then I either put them outside where they lay in the sun or they go to their beds or lay on the floor. Not really much of a routine though, since they do that (minus the drink) regardless of a walk.

Also, Ripley's similar to Orson in that no matter how much or how little exercise he gets, he thinks he needs to drink a ton of water. We can go for a three hour walk and he'll come home and hurry to the water dish, or he can play outside for 10 minutes and think he needs just as much water.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 05-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Blue_Dog

Dependent upon how excited he is he will either wait for me to take off his leash and harness before saying hi to everyone or he will run in acting insane and say hello and then let me unleash him. After that he rubs his face around on the carpet (a habit he has from when he used to wear a halti). Then he gets a drink and lays down somewhere and goes to sleep. No matter how short the walk was and how hyper he was when he got him.

Sometimes before going for a nap he asks for outside to go to the washroom because he tries to not do that on our walks. XD

Besides that sometimes I ruin his nap by having to hose him down if he's been for a swim in the river.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Big Dog

Frog dog is on the tile and attempt to get enough air... Then drink some, pace and repeat.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Are you dead yet?

Look hopefully at the freezer to see if I have an after-walk bone for her to chew. If not, drink a bowl of cold water and flop down on the tile.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Top Dog

Straight through the door, no waiting for me to take the collar off. They've got waiting for the collar to go on down to a fine art, but not the collar off bit.

They walk to the kitchen, Grace on the left, Abby on the right and Gracie usually feels like playing at this point and will sometimes push Abby up against the kitchen cupboard. Abby is less enthused.

I finally catch up with them to remove collars. Gracie will always go to her room or to the laundry to drink water - she has always been a big drinker and Abby will usually just lay on the kitchen floor for a while. She's not a big drinker but she may get one a bit later when she decides to get up off the floor.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Top Dog

Kailey chugs a ton of water and then asks to go outside. I have no idea why. My dog's just a nut.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Silence! I ban you!

She'll sit nicely for me to remove her leash and then look up expectantly at the treat box, which is conveniently located where I hang the leash. If it's raining or snowing and she's gotten wet, she lets me dry her, which is like pulling the starter cord on a weed whacker. Zoomies ensue.