Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 AM
<--------Orson

Default Your dog's "I'm home after a walk" routine....

Do they have one?

Orson's:

1. Gets in the door and sits down, most of the time it's right in the way so you can't finish getting in the door He sits because he's waiting to have his collar removed. He is used to, and likes, being naked in the house.

2. As soon as the collar/lead is removed, he runs to his water dish like we've just been rescued from Death Valley. Doesn't matter how long or short the walk or the temperature outside, he acts as though he's near death from dehydration. Most of the time he only slurps up a sip or two, but it has to be as soon as the collar comes off.
Example: This morning it's only 66 degrees out and we only went around the block, ONE BLOCK! (my foot is hurting this morning) and he ran to the water dish asap.

After the drink his routine can vary, sometimes he sits in front of the fridge wanting a treat, sometimes he lays on the cool tile (if it was a long walk or it's really hot out) and sometimes he just goes to find one of his boys and flops on them, LOL...........never know what phase 3 will be like, LOL

So? Does your dog have a set pattern or is it 'anything goes'?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Run straight for the living room to let everybody know shes home, ask for her leash to be taken off, then run and inhale whatever food is in her bowl

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Top Dog

As soon as we walk in the door, Zander goes straight through the hallway and into the sitting room. He does these three things in varying order, depending on the situation:

Do his best impression of a camel.
Sit and wait for the leash to be removed.
Outside to potty.

Sometimes I'll take his straight out back, others I'll let him get a drink first, and then there are times I'll just let him free first and let him sort out the other two things.

After all that is done, he paces the house for 5 minutes before finding a place to lay down and zonk out. Usually the landing on the stairs. It's rather cool out there, compared to how warm Jin's room or our bedroom is.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Felurian

No, mine are totally capricious, although Tallulah will usually check to see if something has materialized on one of the food bowls while she was gone.

She is a Bottomless Pit.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Plus One

Race each other to the bowl to drink
Wait for me to refill the bowl (7 dogs drink a lot of water lol)
Then it usually descends into body slams and wrestling until everyone finds their place and settles. Or if we're coming back from the beach they're crated.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:41 AM
orange iguanas.

Grab a toy and prance around wanting to play. Walks make her CRAZY and totally pump her up for more activity.

Kind of the exact opposite effect I want.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Show Dog

He will run to the back sliding door, to see if their are any squirrels, and then come back for water.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Top Dog

Race around the house with your blanket in your mouth before the human can take off your leash while growling and stomping on Zobby seems to be Elsie's standard end to walks.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Frodo doesn't really have a routine. Other than spinning around to get a treat as soon as we get in the door for not eating anybody in the hallways.

Other than that sometimes he politely waits for me to take his harness off, sometimes I have to hunt him down for it. Sometimes he gets zoomies, sometimes he just goes to see the rats. Sometimes he drinks, sometimes he just walks around or falls asleep.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:50 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Well we usually go to the yard when we first get back. Webby sits to get his collar off. Mira looks at Webby then also sits to get her collar off with her front feet dancing in excitement. Kim pretends she can't see or hear anyone then acts all shocked that everyone is sitting and plops her butt down with an air of innocence.

Then I release them and they all zoom around the yard at top speed like lunatics just released from a 20 year stint in standing-room-only solitary confinement. The sun! The sky! The wind in our faces! The grass beneath our feet! Oh Joy! Oh ZOOM!

At which point I wonder for the millionth time why I walk my dogs

We probably go for more runs than walks just because I like to run. They do the same thing.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13