Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I hope the survivor is put in quarantine.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I hope the survivor is put in quarantine.
*like!!*
Old 05-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
you mean like britain? well the cops w/o guns call the cops w/ guns. which may be a guy w/ a pistol or it may be the guy w/ the MP5 submachine gun (like the guy i saw standing in the airport).
or do you mean japan? there the guys w/ guns are the rookies. as they increase their proficiency in martial arts they get the option of giving up the gun. they still carry a 3.5-4 ft long flexible stick. the JP to truly fear are the ones not carrying a gun or the long stick. they handle things by applying what in the USA would be called excessive force.
Not like any or either, or maybe like them all.

We have armed police, theyre just rare..... There must be what.... 20 people shot and killed by police in the last DECADE here? I don't know the stats to be honest, but its around that.

Eta, found stats. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...United_Kingdom

Guess people just can't accept there's other ways of dealing with things.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-28-2012, 05:27 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
Yes seriously..... A) I take articles with a huge spoon of salt - remember, news isn't written to inform people of things going on and B) how do you reckon countries where cops without guns manage things..?

Deranged or not.... Now we'll never really have a clue.

Eta - I AM out there doing it. Just not law enforcement. I work in a public sector job with peopled lives making decisions about people every single day.... I risk assess, that's my job. To hopefully save people from harm.... Does that qualify me for an opinion?
No that really doesn't compare to having to try to stop murders in the process.

I think we have a pretty good clue as to whether this person was deranged or not. he WAS naked and eating a guys face (a guy who was still alive). I just really can't fault an officer for coming up on a scene like that and not thinking "hmmm what would be the best way to save this guy eating the other guys face but also save the victim... well I could try this... or this" No I think I would be like OMG Get him off of that guy by any means nessecary

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
No that really doesn't compare to having to try to stop murders in the process.

I think we have a pretty good clue as to whether this person was deranged or not. he WAS naked and eating a guys face (a guy who was still alive). I just really can't fault an officer for coming up on a scene like that and not thinking "hmmm what would be the best way to save this guy eating the other guys face but also save the victim... well I could try this... or this" No I think I would be like OMG Get him off of that guy by any means nessecary
What means did he try before using his gun? Maybe I missed the part where he was forced to shoot first. Yes yes, he was biting a man's face, I DID get that bit.

Eta - how do we know this was a murder in process? Maybe the guy was naked because the other one tried to sexually assault him, he got mad and chewed his face off?? Then by US law HE was defending himself by any means necessary.......

Just saying.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:49 PM
Top Dog

While I do think that some officers can overreact in many instances, a man refusing to stop eating pieces of another man's face and, I believe, gouging out his eyes, is not in that category, imo. If the officer had spent who knows how long trying other methods, that might have failed, and the victim had died, people would complain that they didn't take steps to stop it sooner.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Top Dog

I agree that maybe something else should have been tried first. I mean, he didn't automatically know that the man wouldn't stop. So a quick mace or taze or something of the sort should have been used first. And then when he didn't stop, the gun. I do not think the gun should have been the first resort weapon...I do not praise cops for being trigger happy. Yes, he was eating a mans face, but he could have been mentally ill or unstable (well, obviously he is) and I don't think a bullet should have been the very first thing to be tried...that is still another man and another life, regardless if he is a cannibal....

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 05-28-2012, 05:58 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grab View Post
While I do think that some officers can overreact in many instances, a man refusing to stop eating pieces of another man's face and, I believe, gouging out his eyes, is not in that category, imo. If the officer had spent who knows how long trying other methods, that might have failed, and the victim had died, people would complain that they didn't take steps to stop it sooner.
Exactly this.

No where in US law does it say that if someone attacks you you can then start to consume their body parts. Even still... Self defense is what normal people would do... EATING people is not the sign of a stable human being. Then ading in that the first shot didn't affect the guy what so ever and he continued to eat his victims face, not the sign of a stable human being.

The officer has a duty to protect the victim but ALSO keep himself safe. Approaching the man and engaging in hand to hand combat could have very likely ended up gravely for the officer in question and I can't fault him for thinking about preserving his own well being as well as the guy who was being EATEN

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Sit! Good dog.

Did you know the victim was also naked?

Don't people enjoy thinking outside the box?? Or is it all just automatic response....

Top Dog

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/1863...ther-mans-face

The guy was told multiple times to get off the guy and continued to do it after being shot.

I stand by my opinion him being shot multiple times and killed was justified.

*NOTE* I didn't watch the video or click the pic under it so I don't know if it has not ok things on it... Just a heads up just posting the news story.*