Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-28-2012, 11:30 AM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
seriously? he had to shoot him half a dozen times to get him to stop. Shot him once and the man just kept going on eating the other guys face. Yes I'm sure a kick would have done the trick.

would have been great for him to get close and realize his tactic didn't work and have the guy turn on him and then not able to fight him off and end up not going home to his own family.

you don't always have to have a weapon to be dangerous!!!!!!

The guy was EATING the other guys face, naked in broad daylight... I doubt he was in a state of mind to be reasonable. If I were the cop I wouldn't be taking my time trying to find a method that might work better to get this guy off the other guys face. I'd be using the method that would be sure fire to make him STOP killing the other guy AND keep me safe in the process. In cases of blatant police abuse of power OK but this? seriously? i wish people would quit saying what the cops should have and shouldn't have done. If we all know better how come we aren't out there doing it?
This.

For the record, if my face is ever being eaten, I'm totally cool with someone taking out the face eater....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:32 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
The way the article is written, it appears that even one shot didn't stop his. . . activities. I know this is out of character, but I imagine the horror of what was happening had a lot to do with the cop's reaction -- understandably.

And really, how would one live after finding out one had committed such a horrendous act? Unless it wasn't a horrendous act in one's own mind, in which case . . .
this.

This isn't your everyday scene. Happening upon that I don't think I would have been like "let me see... let me run down the checklist of what to do" No I would have been like "HOLY SH!T HE'S EATING THE GUYS FACE GET HIM OFF GET HIM OFF GET HIM OFF GET HIM OFF GET HIM OFF"

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 05-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Top Dog

If a zombie apocalypse does happen, head to NY!

The barn/garage of the new place is cinder block and the second floor is secure. Ben is already talking about cutting slats in the top big enough to stick a rifle muzzle out. Also, if things get bad, we can eat, or ride, the neighbor's horses. We can fish in the creek that is only about 2 miles away. I hear they stock it with trout.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 05-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Taxiderpy

I'm glad they stopped him in time to save the victim. Poor guy, I hope he makes a full recovery. What a horrible ordeal.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:06 PM
love herds

That is so gross and creepy. I have such respect for cops sometimes, they deal with the weirdest people. It also seems that every time I read or hear of a really bizarre news article it comes out of Miami!

"A dog of uncanny brain and great loving loyal heart and with a dancing sense of fun, a dog with a soul."- Albert Payson Terhune (lad)
Old 05-28-2012, 01:10 PM
SevenSins

Quote:
seriously? he had to shoot him half a dozen times to get him to stop.
Quote:
i wish people would quit saying what the cops should have and shouldn't have done. If we all know better how come we aren't out there doing it?
But I do know better! Shot a half dozen times? WTF? Cop clearly hasn't watched any zombie movies...you're supposed to shoot them in the head to stop them.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Yes seriously..... A) I take articles with a huge spoon of salt - remember, news isn't written to inform people of things going on and B) how do you reckon countries where cops without guns manage things..?

Deranged or not.... Now we'll never really have a clue.

Eta - I AM out there doing it. Just not law enforcement. I work in a public sector job with peopled lives making decisions about people every single day.... I risk assess, that's my job. To hopefully save people from harm.... Does that qualify me for an opinion?
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

This just reminds me of the guy that killed a guy on a bus and started eating him.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MericoX View Post
This just reminds me of the guy that killed a guy on a bus and started eating him.
Tastes like chicken.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 05-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Firstly. Gross!!!

Secondly. Tazering would have shut him down. It causes muscle spasms. Shooting, especially with a .22 CAN go right through.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/