Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-26-2012, 07:38 PM
and Fozzie B!

My boys are fine with being left alone for 8-9 hours... 12 hours is the MAXIMUM time that I'd leave them! I always take them on a very long walk before leaving.

When my sister was having her baby in SF, I left in the middle of the night thinking the baby would be born soon. Well, the baby didn't come until that night, so my dogs were alone for like 18 hours. They each made one giant pee puddle, because they could not hold it, poor guys.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 05-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Top Dog

We just came back from visiting family for the holiday for about 8 hours...I feel guilty! Usually they aren't left alone, between me, my mom, and my siblings someone is almost always home. Only Fez is crated because he gets weird with his housebreaking...Skye, Romeo, and Zoie stay upstairs in my big bedroom. They have a **** ton of toys and goodies to keep them entertained.

Old 05-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Top Dog

The maximum time I'd leave them alone for is 8-9 hours - that never happens more than once a week or so, depending on work/class schedules. Usually it's more like three or four hours.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Top Dog

If I absolutely HAD to for some unknown reason, I technically know he'd be okay for 8-9, maybe even 10 hours. But that's an emergency situation.

On normal days, no longer than 4-6 hours usually. And that's just because it's what I'm comfortable with and would feel bad if it was much longer, but there have been circumstances where he's had to stay longer and he seems to do fine, but I wouldn't make 8 hours an every day occurrence unless absolutely necessary.

Brit & Jackson

Old 05-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Jerk.

Mine can do 8-12 hours, at least once they have done 14. I can sleep up to 10 hours and they will wake me earlier if they need too. The caveat here is, as long as Blue doesnt get over excited, he is a leaker and will drop a deuce if he reaches his excitement limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 05-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Well, we both have the same hours and car pool.. We leave at 6.45 am and are back at 4.45 pm. So ten hours. Is it ideal? No. But T-Bone gets a lot of attention when we're home. It's a morning ritual, the last thing I do before leaving is to let her on our bed. She snoozes.

I would not leave her alone for more than 12 hours.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm All Ears

How do people find jobs with such flexible work hours? lol
Old 05-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Blue_Dog

Sam has been left alone, no crate, for maybe 12ish hours or so at most. It isn't a regular occurrence but he has always been a good boy and his bladder is strong. The most he is left alone on a more regular basis is maybe 4 or so hours at most.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Top Dog

The longest is about 8 hours. Nia struggles to hold her bladder any longer than that and unless I'm working, I try to keep it under 6 hours.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
How do people find jobs with such flexible work hours? lol
Luck, prioritizing it, and being sure that, whenever there is a time you can help out with odd hours, you do

I come in on my days off when I get an emergency "nobody showed up today" text, I run in on Sundays or holidays and shut off equipment if needed, I make sure I am so ridiculously appreciated that when something comes up (like the request I'm going to make on Tuesday to be able to leave 2 hours in the middle of the day on Wednesdays for 6 weeks while I take a class with Gusto), they feel obligated to say yes!

Not that it is possible with every type of job, of course, but flexible hours was a *huge* priority for me when I was looking for this job.