Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-10-2004, 02:59 AM
Active Pup

Thanks renee Preciate the help.. Sadie is always gnawing on The wife LMAo.. her hair mostly.. hehe.. anyway i bought her a puppy chew toy that helps fight cavitys and such but she cant even get it in her mouth. Lol and it said on the box for puppies i assumed they detached from the ring so she could play with the pieces but .. NO!!!!! lol. its huge lol.. Ill have to go to petsmart and check this stuff out. The dog section at our walmart Sucks.. heh. Oh btw had an issue to ask u all about.. when the pup Pottys on the floor. U are or arent supposta rub there noses in it and tap them on the hiney and say NO.. ? this is a contraversy around my house cause ive heard ure not supposta do it and Ive heard u are.. lol.. Maybe u can clear it up

Thanks.. Im headed to petsmart to see what they got

Border collies *sigh*... Need i say more
Old 12-10-2004, 08:24 AM
Felurian

No nose rubbing! They have no clue what that's all about. When they're this young, you have to do most of the work. After eating, get your Sadie in the habit of napping quietly for a few minutes, then play with her for a few minutes, then take her to the door and have her sit, then on to the outside and tell her to go potty, or whatever phrase you want her to learn. Praise her lavishly when she goes, and be sure to let her stay out and play for a few minutes after she's done the deed so she won't decide that the fun's over after she goes.

You'll want to watch and see what kind of schedule her system works on so you can take her out in between feedings, too. Her kidneys will be pretty active at this stage in her development, so you may need to take her out every 2 hours - or even every hour and a half.

I really, really wish I could remember whose idea this was, because it's a great one and they deserve credit for it: one member was having problems with accidents in the house so she started scolding the accident! Her dog got the idea that the accident was a bad thing, and stopped having them in the house!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-10-2004, 09:17 PM
Active Pup

THanks for clearin that up.. i think im learning her system.. I forgot to mention this in my last letter Sadies food is put up after 6pm.. we go to bed bout 10 and then.. before we got to bed take her out.. this morning when i woke up. i had found her in the middle of the cats food bowl and food scattered all over the place... should i put the cats food bowl and water dish high up so sadie cant get it? or what? Last night was really neet I tought her how to sit by snapping. and pointing my finger at her nose. and she sits i feed her a treat. was so kewl.. Lol.. when she sees the snack its kinda hard for her to sit still but eventually i get her too... Im sorry for askin all these questions. Lol but like i said my first Puppie let alone first dog! ..
Thanks goes to u all. Its nice to know u all and like i said ill keep u posted belive me Hehe

Border collies *sigh*... Need i say more
Old 12-10-2004, 09:37 PM
Felurian

It sounds like you and Sadie are doing pretty well!

But yes, you will have to put the cats' food up. No puppy can resist the lure of that lovely, stinky stuff. And you won't like the after effects of Sadie eating cat food! PHEW!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian