Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Is it polite to microwave fish at work?
Yes, I love the strong smell of fish and I think everyone agrees! 1 1.89%
Yes, if I want fish for lunch, my coworkers will just have to deal with it! 22 41.51%
No, you should not microwave fish at work- it's unfair for other coworkers to have to smell it 25 47.17%
Baked salmon and asparagus 5 9.43%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2012, 07:46 AM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Trust me, microwaved fish leftovers smell. They just do. I love fish a lot, but it has a distinct smell. Maybe you don't smell it, but it's there.
Definitely ^That!!

If you have a doubt, just type in 'microwaving fish at work' (or something similar) on Google and see all the complaints, work place banning, etc. That would NOT be the case if it didn't have a VERY stinky smell! LOL
Old 05-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Quote:
Trust me, microwaved fish leftovers smell. They just do. I love fish a lot, but it has a distinct smell. Maybe you don't smell it, but it's there.

I don't think being considerate is feeding into a "neurosis". Would you chow down garlic bread before going to the dentist (without brushing teeth)? When you are in confined spaces with people you have to be around ALL day, you should be considerate. Have good hygiene, use perfume sparingly, keep your noise level down, and don't cook stinky food. Lol. It's not being overly pc or, it's being considerate.
Exactly! Not cooking smelly foods at work is just a common courtesy.

When your office is on the complete opposite side of the office from the kitchen (separated by DOORS and a long winding hallway) and you can STILL smell the fish, it MUST be smelly.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:

I don't think being considerate is feeding into a "neurosis". Would you chow down garlic bread before going to the dentist (without brushing teeth)? When you are in confined spaces with people you have to be around ALL day, you should be considerate. Have good hygiene, use perfume sparingly, keep your noise level down, and don't cook stinky food. Lol. It's not being overly pc or, it's being considerate.
I just don't plan my food according to smell. It's not something I have ever considered. That said I don't really reheat fish much anyway. I am the only one in my house who eats it and I only make enough for myself.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
I can barely take it in public when I walk past someone (male/female) who smells like they swam in a pool of perfume/cologne! Especially CHEAP stuff *hack/cough/gag* Let alone work with/be forced into close proximity of them all day. I think I'd rather smell BO than overly perfumed.......not that I want either, but ya know, LOL
I don't really care one way or the other about fish and other foods, but...this. Oh my goodness. I help customers at work all the time that absolutely REAK from the perfume/cologne. It gives me a headache.

I have no problem with a light scent...but it's like...seriously? Do you not realize how much you smell?
Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Chihuahua Power!

My dentist's office has a sign hanging up that tells patients not to wear perfume/cologne. If you wear it to their office, they'll ask you to leave.

I have bad asthma/allergies, so anything like that is VERY bad for me. I even have to be careful with scented lotions and candles.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Top Dog

I hate it when people microwave something really garlicky or something stinky like eggs at work. Fish doesn't bother me that much to be honest.

However, I try not to microwave anything that's too strong in odor just because I know some people don't like the smell and feels sick after. Like me with garlicky stuff lol.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm All Ears

We just caught, gutted, and fried a bunch of catfish the other day. SO YUMMY!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's pet View Post
I just don't plan my food according to smell. It's not something I have ever considered. That said I don't really reheat fish much anyway. I am the only one in my house who eats it and I only make enough for myself.
I don't plan my food according to smell either. And at home, it doesn't matter. I can open up windows. But I can't at work.... That's the whole point about this question. So yes, at work I do plan my food around smell because I like to be considerate.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:13 PM
~Lisa~

At my work. No its not rude. we work with dogs. we have anal glands, and poop smell in the shop at all times. So add some fish in who cares lol
Old 05-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankstar View Post
At my work. No its not rude. we work with dogs. we have anal glands, and poop smell in the shop at all times. So add some fish in who cares lol
This. I work in a doggy daycare... There are worse smells than fish lol.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle