Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Is it polite to microwave fish at work?
Yes, I love the strong smell of fish and I think everyone agrees! 1 1.89%
Yes, if I want fish for lunch, my coworkers will just have to deal with it! 22 41.51%
No, you should not microwave fish at work- it's unfair for other coworkers to have to smell it 25 47.17%
Baked salmon and asparagus 5 9.43%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Top Dog

I voted a strong NO, because if I go to microwave something after your fish it could become contaminated and make me deathly ill. Please respect those with allergies, thank you.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Oh dear, you've gotten me started! I truly believe there should be a RULE for those who don't have consideration on their own!

I can barely take it in public when I walk past someone (male/female) who smells like they swam in a pool of perfume/cologne! Especially CHEAP stuff *hack/cough/gag* Let alone work with/be forced into close proximity of them all day. I think I'd rather smell BO than overly perfumed.......not that I want either, but ya know, LOL
I'm allergic to perfumes. Like, dangerously allergic. My workplace has a rule that says it's a scent-free establishment, in terms of perfumes. People get offended when I kick them out/refuse service for smelling like they swam in cologne/perfume, because no other bartender will bother.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
I voted a strong NO, because if I go to microwave something after your fish it could become contaminated and make me deathly ill. Please respect those with allergies, thank you.
and the thing that you are microwaving could make somebody else deathly ill.

ETA: I never understand that argument I don't use the microwave at work, because I don't know what other people have microwaved and I'd rather not get sick. If they're going to start not allowing one item to be microwaved due to allergies, they'd have to basically make it so that nothing can be microwaved due to allergies

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Fish stick don't smell.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:55 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
Fish stick don't smell.
but are fish sticks really fish? My mother would say they aren't! hahaha

I <3 fish sticks and filet o fish from McDonalds.........but that's because they AREN'T very fishy! LOL
Old 05-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
ETA: I never understand that argument I don't use the microwave at work, because I don't know what other people have microwaved and I'd rather not get sick. If they're going to start not allowing one item to be microwaved due to allergies, they'd have to basically make it so that nothing can be microwaved due to allergies
I think what is important is for everyone in that particular company to be aware of any dangerous allergies coworkers may have. I know we have one person with a peanut allergy who has taken the time to speak up at company meetings about what is and isn't an issue for her. I absolutely would consider it inconsiderate if someone chose to do that when the knowledge is out there that it could make someone quite sick.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I work with a smoker and that bothersome waaaay more than fish. I hide when she comes off breaks.

My other smoker coworkers don't smell but she REEKS of smoke. Nasty. I want to know what the others do that she doesn't. I never see them with gum or mints...

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
and the thing that you are microwaving could make somebody else deathly ill.

People like you knock it, because you usually don't have to live with it, it is much different when you do. This is why schools went on a "ban peanuts" rage, to which in fact I have a neighbor who has a child allergic to peanuts, so I don't buy peanut contaminated products for Halloween candy, I'm very considerate. And to add, no, actually I don't even know why I bothered to answer this question as I don't even work in a public environment for this very reason, fish isn't my only allergy.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Top Dog

I'm pretty sensitive to smells. I don't mind most lotions or perfumes unless they are flowery. Flowery smells just make me feel like my throat is closing up.

For food I actually like foods that have kind of a garlic smell. I know one lady always has some sort of amazing smelling pasta. That being said fish smell is a totally different smell. It makes me gag and there has been a couple times I vomited from it. The thing is most people *myself included* that like eating fish don't like the smell of it reheated. It kind of grosses me out that people reheat fish. That's always just been one of those things for me where if you didn't eat it at the first dinner it was served at you don't eat it.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~WelshStump~ View Post
People like you knock it, because you usually don't have to live with it, it is much different when you do. This is why schools went on a "ban peanuts" rage, to which in fact I have a neighbor who has a child allergic to peanuts, so I don't buy peanut contaminated products for Halloween candy, I'm very considerate. And to add, no, actually I don't even know why I bothered to answer this question as I don't even work in a public environment for this very reason, fish isn't my only allergy.
I... don't have to live with it? Reading comprehension? I'm 100% sure that I said that what you microwave could make me sick. It's as easy as making sure that I don't use the microwave after anybody. Simple as that.

Look, right here:

Quote:
I don't use the microwave at work, because I don't know what other people have microwaved and I'd rather not get sick.
ETA: I'm pretty much guarenteed to be allergic to anything that somebody makes in the microwave, unless they have literally made it from scratch. Everything from scratch. Down to the noodles or the broth. But of course, I don't know what it's like, cause I don't have to live with it.