Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Is it polite to microwave fish at work?
Yes, I love the strong smell of fish and I think everyone agrees! 1 1.89%
Yes, if I want fish for lunch, my coworkers will just have to deal with it! 22 41.51%
No, you should not microwave fish at work- it's unfair for other coworkers to have to smell it 25 47.17%
Baked salmon and asparagus 5 9.43%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Love My Mutt <3

To be fair, when somebody microwaves their food that contains meat at work, it almost makes me puke.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Top Dog

My aversion to fishy foods is so strong that the very thought of fish makes my mouth do that pre-puke watery thing. Bleh.

So no, no, no.

I have the worst time getting Clive to eat meat (or anything proteiny...if he could live on fruits and veggies, we'd be golden), but I refuse to try the tuna everyone suggests as I'm pretty sure if my cute, huggy little kid latched onto me smelling like fish I'd gag.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Top Dog

I can't imagine anyone liking microwaved fish. Yuck. I don't really care what people eat at work, but I think it's polite to try and bring things that are as least stinky as possible. I don't even work with co-workers, but I do have customers and I try not to bring lunches that'll have a lingering smell if it's something I need to warm up in the microwave.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 05-22-2012, 03:33 PM
orange iguanas.

I don't really care. Lol I hate the smell of fish but whatever. My coworkers always bring stinky foods, fish and otherwise.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 05-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Dafuq?

The male managers at my work wear a lot of cologne. That's unfair to me. But if fish is all I have to eat for lunch, I'm eating it.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 05-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
I don't even bring tuna sandwiches or even overly garlicky things to work because i don't want to have an offensive smell lol.
Same here. Years and years ago when I worked in video editing, I brought a garlic pasta bowl to work because I was supposed to be the only one in the office that day. Stuck it in the microwave, stunk up the office, and I wasn't even done eating it before one of my co-workers showed up. He was a part-timer and had gotten the afternoon off his other job, so just decided to come in and get some work done. I felt SO BAD and kept apologizing for the food smell... X_X

The cologne is also a problem. One of my co-workers here wears a cologne that I swear is called "Eau du Old Man" with undertones of cat pee. And in the mornings it's so strong it's like he took a bath in it. If I accidentally inhale around him I gag. I've thought about saying something to my business manager about it, but I can't figure out how to phrase it... one of these days I probably will actually vomit when he walks by and that will resolve the issue. =P I know it says in our handbook stuff about proper grooming habits, so people can get a talking to if they smell like BO. I dunno if showering yourself in cologne falls in the same category. UGH.
The people who walk in reeking of cigarette smoke are bad too. ugh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-22-2012, 03:47 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamutt99 View Post
The male managers at my work wear a lot of cologne. That's unfair to me. But if fish is all I have to eat for lunch, I'm eating it.
Oh dear, you've gotten me started! I truly believe there should be a RULE for those who don't have consideration on their own!

I can barely take it in public when I walk past someone (male/female) who smells like they swam in a pool of perfume/cologne! Especially CHEAP stuff *hack/cough/gag* Let alone work with/be forced into close proximity of them all day. I think I'd rather smell BO than overly perfumed.......not that I want either, but ya know, LOL
Old 05-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Dafuq?

I'm fairly smell sensitive. Cologne on men is a problem for me for reasons not related to vomitus. But still, it does illustrate how there is more to the smell issue than fish.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 05-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Top Dog

Cologne is bad. Fish is worse. Those who smell like cigarettes should be left outdoors.

I can not stand strong odors of most kinds. Someone went and bought nice Bath and Body Works soap for the bathroom at work, and I wanted to hose down everyone who came out of the bathroom reeking of coconuts. It is not natural. I do not believe that you actually smell like that. Stop it.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Bite me.

Absolutely not. The fish should stay in the aquarium. :P