Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Top Dog

Default Do you even bother buying tissue paper?

I don't. I just use toilet paper most of time for blowing my nose. lol The other thread made me think of this.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Love My Mutt <3

We do, because it's cheaper with the amount we go through due to allergies.

ETA: Do you really call it tissue paper? We just call it tissues.. tissue paper is something you use to stuff gift bags to hide the gift with

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Top Dog

Yes. Especially when I have a cold, using toilet paper wrecks my nose. Maybe our toilet paper isn't very high quality lol.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
ETA: Do you really call it tissue paper? We just call it tissues.. tissue paper is something you use to stuff gift bags to hide the gift with
I've heard it called both here.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:05 PM
such sights to show you

I don't, unless I have a cold. Then I want something soft. Otherwise I use toilet paper or even paper towels.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:19 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Yup. I have a sensitive nose. LOL But we also buy really nice, soft toilet paper, so I'll use that when we're out of kleenex.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:28 PM
APBT crazy!

Well I call it kleenex lol. We buy it all the time since we all have seasonal allergies.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Top Dog

I had a bad cold a few months ago. My nose was so sore and red from blowing it. It was really beginning to hurt to touch or rub a Kleenex or toilet paper against it at all. After all, paper is from wood. Ouch. So, I resorted to a large stack of hankies that I went through and then ran them through the wash and started all over again. lol. There's nothing better than a cotton handkerchief. But yeah, I keep a box of (what I call Kleenex, even if it's another brand) in all three of my bathrooms and one in the kitchen/family area on a low shelf and one in my den near my computer. I prefer them to toilet paper. I also wouldn't like to set out a roll of toilet paper in another room of my house besides the bathroom. In my cute little powder room, I put a square box (more expensive) that has pictures of red Adirondacks chairs and other sea side side scenes on each side. It matches perfectly. I hardly use them from that box, as they're uneconomical. They're saved for guests.

It's funny I worry about the difference of the cost of a square kleenex box from a rectangular one. I'm really spending too much on my landscaping project. I haven't tallied it up yet but I suspect it's over budget. I'm afraid to do the math. I guess if I concentrate on how a box of Kleenex costs a lot, I might be able to put this other thing out of my mind, right?
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Bite Club

I call it Kleenex too and yes I have a box in almost every room and I'm very particular about the kind I buy. I always have it on me too - I blow my nose a lot lol

~Aura & Riley~
Old 05-21-2012, 10:20 PM
orange iguanas.

We occasionally have a box or two lying around. Usually we just use toilet paper though - it is not uncommon for the sick person in the house to keep a roll of TP with them at all times

Kleenex ruins my nose just as badly as TP does.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013