Moving... again, calling all interior decorators

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
So it looks like in September I'll be moving ... again. The place I'll be moving into is 2 bed, 2 bath and is a fixer upper. On the plus side it will be very quiet and having the dogs will be no problem.

On the downside I need to redo the kitchen ... badly and get new lighting fixtures. The stove is pretty horrible - the fridge is questionable. The place is kinda rustic (think cabin) so how would you pick out kitchen stoves and fridges? How would you decorate?

Right now I'm thinking something like this for the new hall lighting.

any suggestion for new stove sources would be appreciated.. so far everything I've looked at just looks oddly modern.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I love the lamp!

I don't think it's bad to mix a modern and rustic look, especially when it comes to the kitchen- I mean, you wouldn't really want anything that looks outdated, and the only good, adorable vintage stove brand I know is AGA.... and one will probably cost you 5+ grand. They are super cute though!

I really like the look of this:

Or this:

Or this:

We have a bit of a rustic, cottage-y look going in our house with lots of old pieces mixed with modern or classic designs and I just love it. I think the key when mixing old/rustic and modern is to tie everything together with classic, simple pieces.

P.S.: We recently bought Samsung appliances for our kitchen and they have been fantastic!

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
I should probably take photos of the before. Right now the kitchen is very fugly and very crowded. Let's just put it this way... the fridge is a mix of lime green and rust. The floor is brown and the cabinets will eventually need to go. The stove is the big - I can't use this item. I am thinking of replacing the range to a range top and put a storage thing below it and then using the space at the other end of the counter for a dual oven.

Thank you both for the suggestions. I love the pictures and houizz should help.

Doberluv

I love that lamp! Is this a house you're renting or buying? I'd be scared to put too much money into it if you're renting, but of course, that's personal preference. Anyhow, it could be really cute. Here are some pictures for you. Some aren't very rustic...have the 50's look but there are some that are very old looking.

http://www.elmirastoveworks.com/

There are some awesome stoves here. Go to the menu on the left.

http://www.antiquestoveshop.com/

Anyhow, good luck with your move...sounds exciting!

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
It's a 15 year land lease with me taking ownership of the house... so almost as good as buying so I have no issue with putting a few dollars in and sprucing up the place.

Some of those are super cute!

Members online

No members online now.