Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Top Dog

Default Help! My computer keeps zooming in on webpages....

Seriously, I'm just browsing a page and then all of a sudden everything on the page gets bigger. It's happened two or three times, so while by now the pages are so big they're easier to see, it's getting really annoying having to scroll left and right to be able to read everything.

I don't know why it's doing this. It's my new-ish work computer that I still haven't figured out. I'm having to use this one because mine has decided it doesn't want to turn on. *glares at my computer*

Anybody know why it's doing this? I think it has something to do with the mouse pad (it's a laptop) and it seems to happen while I'm scrolling up. I must be pushing two keys at the same time, but I can't figure out what the combination is.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Top Dog

Do you know how people zoom in and out on their phones and tablets? They use two fingers to pull the page in and out? It's pretty much the same thing with your touch mouse.

I do it a lot when I've hovering over the keyboard and mouse and accidentally touch the mouse with my other thumb or something.

I still haven't figured out how to turn it "off" though, but I haven't exactly looked for it either! Lol.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
Do you know how people zoom in and out on their phones and tablets? They use two fingers to pull the page in and out? It's pretty much the same thing with your touch mouse.

I do it a lot when I've hovering over the keyboard and mouse and accidentally touch the mouse with my other thumb or something.

I still haven't figured out how to turn it "off" though, but I haven't exactly looked for it either! Lol.
YAY! IT WORKED!

Now everything's too small. It'll take a few minutes to get it back just right, LOL.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Top Dog

Lol, it's pretty tricky. You can go into your browsers options and change it manually there, too.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Top Dog

ctrl + or ctrl - will shift text size too
Old 05-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Top Dog

Depending on your computer some will set it to the default settings by quickly double tapping. It's a lot easier than trying to size it yourself