Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
You can get an abortion for $300 here. I wouldn't call that expensive at all.

As for this girl, she better make 100% sure she's not still pregnant. When I worked at the hospital while in college, I worked with babies who were born to drug and alcohol addicted mothers. Let me tell you...I had never wanted to harm women more than I did at that point in my life. Listening to a crack-addicted baby (and methadone is a horrid one as well...as it's freaking the government's legal version of heroin) cry and scream and twitch and try to escape the agone it's in....it's torture. And children born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome are a story unto themselves. It's a sad, sad life from the outside looking in.
This.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-20-2012, 06:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
You can get an abortion for $300 here. I wouldn't call that expensive at all.

As for this girl, she better make 100% sure she's not still pregnant. When I worked at the hospital while in college, I worked with babies who were born to drug and alcohol addicted mothers. Let me tell you...I had never wanted to harm women more than I did at that point in my life. Listening to a crack-addicted baby (and methadone is a horrid one as well...as it's freaking the government's legal version of heroin) cry and scream and twitch and try to escape the agone it's in....it's torture. And children born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome are a story unto themselves. It's a sad, sad life from the outside looking in.
I agree it's not that expensive but that would probably also depend on the parents. If they didn't want to support their daughter and the daughter had to come up with that it may not have been possible.

I know at 16 I was in high school and my parents wouldn't let me get a job. If you had told me I had to come up with $300 you might as well had said $1 mil. I also didn't start driving right at 16. So going back to a high school state of mind instead of an adult thinking rationally I don't think I would have been able to get there or pay for it if my parents weren't willing to help me.

I think that her attitude is horrible but I've seen it so much when it comes to important life decisions with the younger generation it doesn't really shock me any more.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzelle View Post
The lack of giving a **** is actually pretty common in this generation. Parents have taught their kids to distance themselves from things like sex, death, conflict, etc...and then the kid has no idea how to mentally deal with things as they get older, so the idea applies to all aspects of life and the kid gets a bit crazy. Drugs, alcohol, sex, lack of respect, so on so forth. I see it all the time with my age group, and that is only a few years older than this girl. Not ALL kids are like this, but more than you would think. Lack of importance on everything. No goals in life. No ability to prioritize emotions or decisions. Shoes really are no different than getting pregnant. It happens. You deal with it. No biggie.

This is why Sex Ed should actually be educational, in all aspects. From sex itself to the result and how to deal with it in a mature fashion. But our society would prefer to taboo everything, not talk about it, not educate, stress "abstinence" and "pro-life"(aka, no reason to teach anything) and this is the result.
This.
So much.

Looking back, the only sex ed I had (other than from my mom) was pretty much "when you get your period, stick a tampon in your vagina! BTdubs, that's the thing between your legs that's used for sex. BUT YOU SHOULD NEVER USE IT FOR SEX!" That was when I was fourteen.
The high school I'm at now has a conveniently located planned parenthood right across the street, though. lol
Old 05-21-2012, 11:53 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

That's horrifying.... I agree she needs to make sure she isn't still pregnant.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 05-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Top Dog

I really wish she went to a doctor too. Her family is upper middle class, I am sure they'd have enough money, but if she wants to keep this from her mom, I don't think she could just ask for 300 randomly. /:
I didn't even think about how she could still be pregnant. Ugh, this is a horrible situation.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I went to high school with a girl who tried to solve her pregnancy with alcohol and drugs. Yeah, she just went into labor super early. All I have to say is that the people who adopted that baby are saints.

Siri picture taken by Linds.

Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.