Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-20-2012, 03:54 PM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
It wouldn't worry me much. I'd keep it in mind for sure but I wouldn't go crazy with fear or worry about it. There are bad people everywhere- convicted and not convicted. 'Registered sex offender' covers a LOT of offenses, some not so serious and some more serious. Keep it in mind and be vigilant. That's about all you can do.
This. I wouldn't freak out too much, just keep an eye on the kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Kotah BEAR

I am keeping an eye out and I am being vigilant. But I can't help it makes my stomach turn or my heart want to rip out of my chest knowing there is one next door to my niece and nephew.

And Bunny - Yea, that's about how I feel.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:14 PM
Top Dog

So in looking more up apparently sometime urinating in public IS considered lewd and lascivious behavior, or having sex in a car and someone seeing you, etc. I really hate the why sex offenders are registered
Old 05-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
So in looking more up apparently sometime urinating in public IS considered lewd and lascivious behavior, or having sex in a car and someone seeing you, etc. I really hate the why sex offenders are registered
If I remember correctly, in GA it is illegal to give/receive oral sex & have sex before marriage.
Only reason I know that is because I got caught in a state park after dark (which I didn't know was illegal until 2 years ago) and an officer pulled in and flashed his lights, got out of his car, told us to get up, & said "It is illegal in the state of Georgia to have oral sex and having sex before marriage. But I am going to let this slide because there is a porter potty over there and I need to sh!t" It took all I had not to laugh because of that last part lol
I was like "Thank God for this being the officer who caught us"

I said that story because you mentioned sex in a car and we were in my ex's truck bed with my head on his chest watching fire flies (yea yea when you live in a small town and there ain't sh!t to do on a weekend, you go to the park and watch fire flies lol). The officer thought we were getting our grown up on.

Do I think those laws are a bit stupid? Yea.
Do I think the system is messed up and how sex offenders are registered? Yes
But like someone said, there really isn't much we could do about it at this point in time.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Cloudcandy

I would not be happy with this AT ALL! I would defiantly be panicked and angry!
I have no clue how the laws etc. work out there (I mean the USA!) But i would definitely want to know as much as possible in order to keep my family safe. Tbh I don't think I could live with the stress of knowing he was there,even IF I was always with the children!

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 05-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Top Dog

Let me tell you a little story:

My last year in college, I moved into some brand new duplexes built onto a dead-end street right outside the city part of Hammond, LA. I thought it would be great because they had no issues with me having my dogs, and there seemed to be lots of people my age moving in.

About a month after I moved in, I got a new neighbor. I remember vividly the day he walked across the front lawn area to introduce himself. I was standing outside with Wrigley, my 90+lb Shar Pei/Cane Corso. While Wrigley was very intimidating in looks-wise, he had never so much as growled at a person. Well, as the guy approached, Wrigley watched him like a snake watches its prey. Next thing I knew, Wrigley had placed himself in front of me between my legs, and was pressing back against me forcing me to take a few steps backwards. He had his hackles raised, and was emitting the most horrific growl I had ever heard out of dog. Let's put it this way: even though he had a typical Shar Pei head/muzzle, he had those lips lifted so high you could see the gleam of white off each and every tooth.

Needless to say, the guy stopped approaching, and just introduced himself as "Josh", my new neighbor and chef at Copeland's in Metarie. I was so shaken by Wrigley that I just said hello and excused us.

I lived there for 9 months, and Wrigley never let him get close to me or my front door. Because of Wrig's behavior, I never really liked or trusted Josh, but he seemed alright. All of us on the street used to even have "neigborhood" suppers together (although never at my apartment).

About 3 months after I moved out, I found out he exposed himself to my neighbor's (across the street) 6-yr-old son. This was done during one of those neighborhood dinners, and he actually had the nerve to do it while sitting in the living room while the women were right there in the kitchen (open concept...completely open to the living room). I know he was arrested, but I then lost contact with my neighbor (I had moved back to Baton Rouge).

Fast forward many more months, after I was married, and one night while watching the local news, I saw police had captured the man impersonating an officer and pulling women over on I-55 (an interstate over a bayou) and raping them. I nearly choked on my own tongue when they flashed the mugshot on my t.v. screen: it was my old neighbor! His name certainly wasn't "Josh", and turns out he was a convicted child molester, who had already served time for molesting a 7-yr-old boy (before the incident with my former neighbor's son). The system had "lost" him for a short time, as he moved without notifying where he moved to-the other half of my duplex.

I fully believe that Wrigley saved my life. My APBTs were no real deterrent, as they liked everyone. But "Josh" always tried to engage me in conversation, and he always invited me over to eat with him and his girlfriend, but because of Wrigley's reaction to him every time upon seeing him, I always declined. I can only imagine what could have happened to me had I not had Wrigley there to warn me as to this guy's true character.

(bogart, you may remember the story of the I-55 rapist guy)

So yes, on one hand I understand not freaking out, but on the other hand, a person who has committed such acts isn't immune from branching out into other acts of force, domination, and/or perversion.

There's no way I would sit back and let a sex offender peacefully lived next to me. One of us would be gone. Period. And spare me the lectures and eyerolls. I refuse to take the chance with one of my boys.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Obey the Toad.

I wonder if the authorities are required to notify a community that Carrot top has moved in.....

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

I got chills , I do remember that story . Good job wrigley.

Now as to the sicko being in there house , that is so horrid . One good reason to just wave and that is all to neighbors.

I am all over the place on this really , i have been thinking about this today. Just amke me even more aware of who i let into my childrens lives.

EDIT Dak did you call the sheriffs office?
Old 05-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
I wonder if the authorities are required to notify a community that Carrot top has moved in.....
THEY SHOULD , just because of those hideous eyebrows
Old 05-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Sex offenders are rarely indiacriminate. What films do people watch that make them think this person is going to be lurking in the shadows, salivating and rubbing their crotch at the thought of abusing the neighbours??

Of course be careful. Like you would with ANYONE. Sex offenders don't all have records to check, don't forget that. So just take normal everyday precautions. And remember, your more likely to be abused by someone you know and trust.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein