Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
My mom has been trying to figure out who to contact so I will tell her about the local representative.
So you'll contact the representative.... then what? What do you suggest happen in this situation? The man has a right to buy a house and live there. Yes, it's horrible what he might have done, but LEGALLY he's done his time and has the right to move on with his life.

He can't be re-arrested. He can't be forced to move. So what are you going to suggest to the representative??

And yes, you're supposed to get notice when a sex offender moves into your neighborhood. A sex offender recently moved into my parents' neighborhood and they got a card in the mail to let them know about it. You can complain that you didn't get notice, but really what are they going to do about it? Say "sorry," send you a postcard, and then move on to more pressing matters.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm All Ears

It wouldn't worry me much. I'd keep it in mind for sure but I wouldn't go crazy with fear or worry about it. There are bad people everywhere- convicted and not convicted. 'Registered sex offender' covers a LOT of offenses, some not so serious and some more serious. Keep it in mind and be vigilant. That's about all you can do.

I have a relative that is a rapist. Not convicted but I definitely believe he did it. As a kid I was always warned not to go near him or be anywhere alone with him. Now that I'm an adult when I see him I make sure to keep tabs on my sisters and make sure I am just very well aware of things when he's around.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Lewd and Lascivious conduct does not mean he raped a 16 year old girl. This is what is wrong with sex offender laws. This is a very broad term. And while I in no way would defend child molesters.... Our system in that regard is VERY screwed up. Keep an eye on him or simply ask him or his wife (since you already called her regarding her husband anyway). But be nice and respectful. And please don't start a witch hunt (aka raped a girl- Google the definition for lewd and lascivious acts).
Old 05-20-2012, 01:15 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
There are bad people everywhere- convicted and not convicted.
That.

Convicted means they got caught.......hopefully learned something. But you (or me) could be living next to the freakiest, most foul and disgusting, sex offender there has ever been and he (or she) has never been caught, or at least not convicted.

There's a website I visited once, don't remember which one it was, but it showed a little flag at each address of a convicted sex offender in my neighborhood. It freaked me out (having 5 kids, LOL) and caused me to lose sleep.........then I realized what I said above.

The best any of us can do is talk to our kids, educate, and be aware. That's it, no matter who your neighbor is.
(((((((HUGS))))))) for your worries anyway, been there (still there sometimes, LOL)
Old 05-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Top Dog

I don't know, it wouldn't worry me too much. I'm used to living in apartments, big ones, where there are hundreds of people in the same building...who knows what they've done. Im not saying that I live in a ghetto, but everyone has a past, just think of how many people aren't convicted of anything.

I would just keep an eye on the little ones, there's nothing else you can really do about it.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantmypup View Post
I don't know, it wouldn't worry me too much. I'm used to living in apartments, big ones, where there are hundreds of people in the same building...who knows what they've done. Im not saying that I live in a ghetto, but everyone has a past, just think of how many people aren't convicted of anything.

I would just keep an eye on the little ones, there's nothing else you can really do about it.
I live in a very nice neighborhood and even I have Carrot top and Coolio living a few blocks away.

Truthfully it's so hard to know who your neighbors are. My ex, with several convictions, lives a few blocks away as well. He's more of a danger for drunkenly driving over your lawn gnomes than anything else but it's still something to scarily be aware of.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Truthfully it's so hard to know who your neighbors are. My ex, with several convictions, lives a few blocks away as well. He's more of a danger for drunkenly driving over your lawn gnomes than anything else but it's still something to scarily be aware of.
This. I'm always more worried about the crazy/bad people who don't have to register and warn people about themselves.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:34 PM
<--------Orson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Carrot top and Coolio
*shivers*
Old 05-20-2012, 01:37 PM
The Littlest Hound

(I lol'd at the thought of someone drunkenly driving over my lawn gnomes.)

Ummm... hm. I understand your feelings, entirely, and if it were me and "my kids" (you know, my kiddos Lizard & I used to work with), I'd probably be raising a stink... unfortunately, working with these kids has also taught me that there are messed up people who do messed up things to kids, even THEIR OWN kids, and a lot of them never get caught, or don't get caught for years. Knowing what I know, a deep dark part of my brain wants to keep any kid I might have tethered to me until they're 25... So honestly, while it seems like a huge deal, it's only because you actually know about this guy :/

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 05-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Top Dog

Taking the information into consideration I would be freaking out. This is not some 18 year old sleeping with his 16 year old girlfriend. This is not a man who got caught peeing in public. This is a grown MAN nearly 40 years old that did something to a child! Like I said I'd be freaking out. I have a 4 year old and nobody will ever justify to me why a convicted sex offender is even let back into society in the first place..