Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-25-2012, 03:42 AM
*Now with Snark*

the blood test is pretty worthless IMO. Scratch tests are much better but if you're that reactive your doc is right. Anything will set it off which sucks.

I can tell you what made a world of difference for me as far as allergies. Singular, Loratadine, a dehumidifier for my house, and an air filter for my bedroom. I also take a shower before bed time to wash off any pollen.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:10 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat09Tails View Post
the blood test is pretty worthless IMO. Scratch tests are much better but if you're that reactive your doc is right. Anything will set it off which sucks.

I can tell you what made a world of difference for me as far as allergies. Singular, Loratadine, a dehumidifier for my house, and an air filter for my bedroom. I also take a shower before bed time to wash off any pollen.
Ugh yeah, right now my allergies are just going insane. I live in the 7th floor and my entire city is covered with these huge pollen things that just fly everywhere. If I open my window everything flys in. Unfortunatly its really hot outside so I have to let air in at least in the morning and in the evening since I don't have an AC.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Felurian

Can you get raw honey that is made locally? If you can, take a tablespoon of it every day. It won't help right away, but it will make a big difference in your reactivity over the long run.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Top Dog

Welcome to the Epi-Pen world.

I've had to keep several around the house due to my deathly allergy to bee stings and some wasps as well. I'm also allergic to Penicillan. Thankfully, I don't have any food allergies. Oh, I also have inhalant allergies, and this latest batch of horse hay (Coastal Bermuda from California) has got me a mess, including hives on my arms from contact.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:36 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Can you get raw honey that is made locally? If you can, take a tablespoon of it every day. It won't help right away, but it will make a big difference in your reactivity over the long run.
Yeah, we have a few providers of local honey. Thats the good thing about living in a city thats covered withh very "green" people

Quote:
Welcome to the Epi-Pen world.

I've had to keep several around the house due to my deathly allergy to bee stings and some wasps as well. I'm also allergic to Penicillan. Thankfully, I don't have any food allergies. Oh, I also have inhalant allergies, and this latest batch of horse hay (Coastal Bermuda from California) has got me a mess, including hives on my arms from contact.
Ugh I can't imagine having an allergie to bee stings or something similiar, that's something hard to avoid

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.