Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Squishy face

I wouldn't be bred, I'd be a pet. I don't have any unique colors, and I am choosy about the people I like. I don't get along with children (actually I like children as long as they don't live with me, lol). I do like other animals as long as they aren't annoying bustards and I am housebroken, tidy and low-energy. I did have some reactivity issues I had to work through, but those are much better now. I have some anxiety problems and congestive heart failure runs on my mom's side of the family. I have a bad bite (needed lots of orthodontic work) and orthopedic issues so I would never win in the show ring. My grandmother on my dad's side seems to have decent genetics. She smoked all her life, although she quit a few years ago, and she's still healthy as a horse save for that wet cough.

My temperament isn't quite sound, I have been known to snap when touched, but if you are one of the people who I am comfortable with, I can be very affectionate.

"Give thanks to God for being dog. He gave us the joy of angels." - Trixie Koontz, Dog, Trixie Treats & Holiday Wisdom - Christmas is Good!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
Maybe they'll pick up on eating habits for the first 7 years or so, when their parents feed them, but after that? Nah. My sister and brother are both picky as all get out, my parents really aren't. I've been vegetarian for 7+ years, and I'm not 25+ (going by first 18 years) whilst the rest of the family are huge meat eaters. I always was super careful of what I ate (not so much now), my parents definitely werent.
What kind of parents only feed and buy food for their children until they're 7 years old? For that matter, what 7 year old has the ability to buy groceries and prepare food beyond PB sandwiches, cold cereal, and toast?
Old 05-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Top Dog

I think diabetes, heart disease, and other similar health issues are more due to the US government shoving sugary, no good grains and carbs on us as a "healthy diet lifestyle choice". Utter carp, but most people don't bother to do their research, just like dog food. And between your parents, school, tv, and grocery stores telling you it's "healthy"...well, it's going to be carried through the generations.

Mental issues I definitely believe can be genetic, especially when they happen often enough in one family. Other problems can just be genetically related...for example, small feet run in my family, therefore we have a lot of lower back and leg/foot issues. Conformation of the human variety.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakash View Post
I'd probably be a performance dog, but not some super competitive one, just for fun.
LOL! I'd no doubt be a guardian breed. And I do have the long Fila back legs and the Fila butt. And then there's the ojeriza.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Sport Model Pug

Diabetes, cancers of various sorts, alzheimers and dementia, heart disease, depression, addiction and alcoholism as well as violent behaviours and chronic lying from a certain family member... Yeah, not of breeding stock here.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 05-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

funny this came up , My step bro and I was discussing his 6 month old and her being born with extremely clubbed feet.

He is healthy as is his family , Her family every female has been born with club feel that is getting worse every generation.

I begged him to not have anymore babies with her faulty genes.

he thought i was joking , but that little babby has had 3 diffrent casts and surgery already and her feet still arent straight.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:57 AM
MyHorseMyRules

I'd probably be put to sleep.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

ow snap , this was tried already via hitler. just realized. dang
Old 05-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Tru evil has no pantyline

If my parents were not already spuetered I would insist on it. Horrible health issues.

My sister has one dodgy temperament and I have reactivity issues.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/