Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 05-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm All Ears

Default And yet it never crosses her mind...

That she can jump over the gate.

summer by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

She just pogos off the top again and again until I let her out.

DSC_1278 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

And for those that think of Summer as some dignified dog...

DSC_1284 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr
Old 05-18-2012, 06:01 PM
such sights to show you

Aheeeee! Be careful of magical thinking... a couple of winters ago when we got tons of snow, after multiple shovelings some got piled up too close to our old chain link fence and I remember thinking "funny how the dogs have never thought to just run up that snowbank and over the fence"... and not a week later Maisy did exactly that. Which led to ultimately having to replace it with the 6' privacy fence.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Aheeeee! Be careful of magical thinking... a couple of winters ago when we got tons of snow, after multiple shovelings some got piled up too close to our old chain link fence and I remember thinking "funny how the dogs have never thought to just run up that snowbank and over the fence"... and not a week later Maisy did exactly that. Which led to ultimately having to replace it with the 6' privacy fence.

I am so glad Summer is an inherently good dog. She is quite the jumper though, much better than Mia (and Beau is too fat). If she had a devious bone in her body, I'm pretty sure Summer could be up on all the counters and into all kinds of trouble if she wanted to.

It's a good thing she's the perfect dog.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:37 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Too funny lol. Especially that last pic -- so much for the image of Summer as a sugar sweet and dignified girl

I still remember our dismay when we first got Webster after having Kim a.k.a. Golden Girl. For months we had kept her in the bedroom with us while we slept while leaving the door ajar by putting a box in front of the door. This box was only about 6" tall but it was The Barrier and should not be passed.

Didn't exactly work for Web. Nor did the crate we put in front of the door (he jumped up and walked across the wire top). Nor the pile of boxes. Nor did the baby gate (climbed). Then we got a 42" baby gate with vertical bars and we had peace and security for about a week before he figured out if he held it a certain way and pulled back and up at the same time he could disengage both latches and it would swing open.

Kim = Good Dog.
Webster = Ninja.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Monster Monkey, b. Dec'13
Old 05-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Lord Cynical

Lucky you!!! Mine all know how to jump out of expens.... can't stand it!

Old 05-18-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Too funny lol. Especially that last pic -- so much for the image of Summer as a sugar sweet and dignified girl

I still remember our dismay when we first got Webster after having Kim a.k.a. Golden Girl. For months we had kept her in the bedroom with us while we slept while leaving the door ajar by putting a box in front of the door. This box was only about 6" tall but it was The Barrier and should not be passed.

Didn't exactly work for Web. Nor did the crate we put in front of the door (he jumped up and walked across the wire top). Nor the pile of boxes. Nor did the baby gate (climbed). Then we got a 42" baby gate with vertical bars and we had peace and security for about a week before he figured out if he held it a certain way and pulled back and up at the same time he could disengage both latches and it would swing open.

Kim = Good Dog.
Webster = Ninja.

Mia used to bust out of x-pens as a puppy but funnily enough I don't have to tie the pen together anymore. I guess she grew out of it.

Summer is actually a very derpy, spastic, hyper dog. She just puts on a good front.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:08 AM
swimming upstream

I LOVED these! LOL!
Old 05-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Durp Dog

She seems like a really "honest" dog like Lacey.

Once I left the cat's food down over night, I forgot to put it away. And Lacey did not eat it all night even though it was in the middle of the bedroom floor with us. I let her have it all for being good after I noticed the next morning. She knows the cat food is off limits & is a very honest dog.