Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 12-08-2004, 03:37 AM
Puppy Dog

Default Here is Gunner..

..well, sort of. I can not post pics as attachments but I have them on another forum so I hope it's okay if I link to it. I finally got some pics of him during one of his rare calmer moments. Any guesses as to what type of hound he is? Here's the link: http://www.chins-n-quills.com/forums...461#post608461

Also any guesses as to his final size? When I first got him at 10 weeks, I had estimates of could reach 60 pounds from the shelter and 70 pounds from the vet. Now I am thinking he is not going to grow that big based on the size of other dogs his age. He was 9 pounds at approx. 10 weeks and 20 pounds at 15 weeks. This is only my second dog (1st was Westie) so I really do not know how fast bigger dogs grow.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:42 AM
Love my pets

I love his pictures no matter what mix he is!
Old 12-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Felurian

Shiva weighed 32 pounds at 8 weeks and now, at 16 months, over 140 pounds, if that gives you some frame of reference. Gunner looks to me like he's going to be a tall dog, but probably not excessively heavy - maybe 50 to 60 pounds when he's fully mature, depending on how muscled up he gets; a nice, medium sized dog.

He's an irresistable little guy - what a face!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 12-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Puppy Dog

Thanks guys! I guess we'll just have to see how big he gets, maybe it'll be easier to tell when he's grown. He does get taller everyday; once I let him out in the morning and he looked so much bigger than the night before! It's a good thing he's not gonna be huge-I talked my parents into letting me get a bigger dog (to them that was like 40 pounds-my mom kept talkiing about getting a yorkie. hehe.) Anyways they kept saying they were going to through him out if he got too big-but he's safe since he'll be no where as big as the neighbor's old 120 pound lab!

Renee-what kind of dogs do you have? I know they're big but I don't remember seeing any mention of their breed.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Felurian

The little dog, Bimmer, is a German Shepherd/wolf mix; the two big girls are Fila Brasileiros.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian