Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-11-2005, 04:56 PM
boxers-r-us

I'm glad to know my dog isn't the only one doing it. My 1st experience was with a small mix I used to have. I thought she'd gone insane!! (I thought I was going to too if she didn't stop). I miss her terribly...all but that (she got ran over .) Once she was gone I used to laugh when the cats would use the litter box - I had to clean it out twice as often. Later I got my boxers and they do it too - especially Princess. WHY???!!! ugh, gross!! I'll never understand...
Old 03-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Corgi bum

Oh my gosh...that is so true Joce. Both of my dogs hit the cat litter box if they get even half a chance. LOL The most gross thing that I ever had happen with one of my dogs was my lab/brittney spaniel mix, "Ike" got into the garbage and found a poopy diaper and licked it all out. I came home from the store and there was this almost perfectly clean diaper laying in the garage. I was thoroughly disgusted. He didn't get any kisses for a while after that one. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Island dweller

Mikey came to give me some licks (arms thankfully) and it smelled like kitty poo. I had to go and very thoroughly wash yucky
Old 03-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Quigleyfied

dogs are scavengers by nature.

for wild canids and feral dogs, feces of any kind make up quite a part of their diet. it's "free food" that does not cost calories they have to expend for hunting prey animals.

not a very nice mental image, is it? lol
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 03-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Top Dog

Mine does it too... It's a covered litter though, and I managed to hide the entrance so that he can't fit in anymore

The trainer at the puppy classes said it's because there is still the smell of the food they eat and that's what the dog is after...
Old 03-16-2005, 04:05 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

My daughter had to design a package for art class..to be humourous i suggested Kitty cookies..the ultimate doggy treat. Sick i know but we thought it was funny. EVer see a dog with a snout full of the clumping litter? Sure attaches itself to moisture..now i am grossed out gack gack!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Love my pets

Yes Smkie, my CJ's brown nose is covered if I don't clean the litter box in time. Then she gets upset when I try to wipe it off. Crazy dogs!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2005, 06:43 PM
Felurian

Bear was the only dog I've ever had who didn't raid the box for bon bons. But he was a bit of a connoiseur - savored his food bite by bite, turned his nose up at beer - unless it was Mexican beer, loved cheese tortellini with marinara . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-16-2005, 06:50 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I can't tell you how much i don't miss having a litter box in the house....oh my that makes for the worst breath in the world......gackkkkkkkk no way for them to hide that one! The thought of that is worse than the cat with the camel cricket in her teeth.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Island dweller

Clumping litter is dangerous! I never use it. It's cement like in their system and can be dangerous if they eat enough of it. I think it's horrible stuff and won't use it. I did once when my bunny had a discarge out her... girly part. And because her tail was always wet the litter stuck to it and made a cast. The vet pulled it off and she bled. I'm very anti-clumping. The newspaper stuff is nice. Cheap too if you get the brand I used to get. Which I can't remember what it is.

I was going to post a link. There are plenty to that affect but I don't want to just post someone else on a soap box. LOL I'll look for a good one