Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Top Dog

I had a free trial when they first started and LOVED IT. But I don't order from Amazon that much and I can't really justify paying that much. Even if I paid next day shipping for everything I don't think I order enough to even equal how much it costs.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Top Dog

I order tons of little things from them now that I have prime. They have good deals on things like batteries, toilet paper, peanut butter, etc. It's all stuff that doesn't qualify for FSSS, so I'd be paying $5.95 for regular shipping, but instead I get it in a day or two for free.

When the student prime runs out, you have the option to renew at half price. Is there a similar promo for mom? I'll be able to get full prime membership for $39/year, which I will absolutely use the value of.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:28 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Cali, how/where did you sign up for the student version of Prime?
Old 05-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's Mommy View Post
Yes, amazon mom will only save you 5% on diapers. Amazon mom couples with Prime will save you 20%.

To buy or not to buy?
I am pretty sure you shouldn't need Amazon Prime. You get the extra % off if you use subscribe and save which you can do with Amazon mom. Then you set it up to automatically send you diapers however often you want (once a month, every 3 months, etc). However if you don't want the next package sent, you can cancel it before the next shipment.

I had the free trial of Amazon Prime with Amazon mom and had it for about 6 months, and it definitely spoiled me getting my packages in 2 days. However I didn't renew it, because I don't *need* 2-day shipping and I can get the free super saver shipping without Prime. You can borrow one book/month free for Kindle, but I have found so many free books on Amazon already, I have enough books to last me a year. I can get other books through my library free. And as for Amazon instant video, we already have Netflix and Hulu subscriptions. So for us I haven't felt it was worth it yet.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I order tons of little things from them now that I have prime. They have good deals on things like batteries, toilet paper, peanut butter, etc. It's all stuff that doesn't qualify for FSSS, so I'd be paying $5.95 for regular shipping, but instead I get it in a day or two for free.

When the student prime runs out, you have the option to renew at half price. Is there a similar promo for mom? I'll be able to get full prime membership for $39/year, which I will absolutely use the value of.
I did not get the option of half price membership when my Amazon Mom free trial was up. If I could get it for $39/year, yes I would get it, but not for $79....at least not right now.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Water Junkie

I have Amazon Prime via my student email/number right now. I have it for a year. It is the best. Our whole family uses it through my account. 2-day, free shipping? Then 1-day shipping for *only* $3.99? Such a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
This is great news!

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Old 05-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe08 View Post
I am pretty sure you shouldn't need Amazon Prime. You get the extra % off if you use subscribe and save which you can do with Amazon mom. Then you set it up to automatically send you diapers however often you want (once a month, every 3 months, etc). However if you don't want the next package sent, you can cancel it before the next shipment.
They changed it for the diapers. Now Subcribe & save only saves you 5%. Amazon mom is tied with Prime, and will save you 20%.

BUT I found a way around it, at least for now. I just opened a new account under my husband's name & voila, got the 3 month trial free again! (I wasted mine, because I only ordered 2 diaper boxes during my free trial!). This time, I'll make good use of the 3 months saving and order everything I'll need in bulk

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:53 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

Hey, everyone, here's a little known fact- you can share an amazon prime membership among as many as four households. Ours includes us, My cousin in wisconsin, her son and his family, and my daughter Rachel. We each pay every fourth year. Totally worth it. One person gets the membership, and then adds the other people. Each additional person has their own personal and credit card info loaded in, and they are not accessible to each other.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 05-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmom777 View Post
Hey, everyone, here's a little known fact- you can share an amazon prime membership among as many as four households. Ours includes us, My cousin in wisconsin, her son and his family, and my daughter Rachel. We each pay every fourth year. Totally worth it. One person gets the membership, and then adds the other people. Each additional person has their own personal and credit card info loaded in, and they are not accessible to each other.
Really??? I'll have to look into it. My sister-in-law has one maybe she'll share with me

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmom777 View Post
Their membership info page says four family members in the same household - does this really work even though you guys have different addresses? I'm assuming you all use your individual addresses...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog