Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
yoko's Avatar
yoko yoko is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 5,300
Default

I had a free trial when they first started and LOVED IT. But I don't order from Amazon that much and I can't really justify paying that much. Even if I paid next day shipping for everything I don't think I order enough to even equal how much it costs.
__________________
Thank you Vivien and Angel Chicken for the siggy! Also I have been frosted!!! And as of 9/13/07 I know the secret handshake!


Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-15-2012, 06:25 PM
CaliTerp07's Avatar
CaliTerp07 CaliTerp07 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 7,636
Default

I order tons of little things from them now that I have prime. They have good deals on things like batteries, toilet paper, peanut butter, etc. It's all stuff that doesn't qualify for FSSS, so I'd be paying $5.95 for regular shipping, but instead I get it in a day or two for free.

When the student prime runs out, you have the option to renew at half price. Is there a similar promo for mom? I'll be able to get full prime membership for $39/year, which I will absolutely use the value of.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-15-2012, 06:28 PM
RedHotDobe's Avatar
RedHotDobe RedHotDobe is offline
aka RedHotBabe
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,364
Default

Cali, how/where did you sign up for the student version of Prime?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-15-2012, 06:31 PM
zoe08's Avatar
zoe08 zoe08 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's Mommy View Post
Yes, amazon mom will only save you 5% on diapers. Amazon mom couples with Prime will save you 20%.

To buy or not to buy?
I am pretty sure you shouldn't need Amazon Prime. You get the extra % off if you use subscribe and save which you can do with Amazon mom. Then you set it up to automatically send you diapers however often you want (once a month, every 3 months, etc). However if you don't want the next package sent, you can cancel it before the next shipment.

I had the free trial of Amazon Prime with Amazon mom and had it for about 6 months, and it definitely spoiled me getting my packages in 2 days. However I didn't renew it, because I don't *need* 2-day shipping and I can get the free super saver shipping without Prime. You can borrow one book/month free for Kindle, but I have found so many free books on Amazon already, I have enough books to last me a year. I can get other books through my library free. And as for Amazon instant video, we already have Netflix and Hulu subscriptions. So for us I haven't felt it was worth it yet.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-15-2012, 06:32 PM
zoe08's Avatar
zoe08 zoe08 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,160
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
I order tons of little things from them now that I have prime. They have good deals on things like batteries, toilet paper, peanut butter, etc. It's all stuff that doesn't qualify for FSSS, so I'd be paying $5.95 for regular shipping, but instead I get it in a day or two for free.

When the student prime runs out, you have the option to renew at half price. Is there a similar promo for mom? I'll be able to get full prime membership for $39/year, which I will absolutely use the value of.
I did not get the option of half price membership when my Amazon Mom free trial was up. If I could get it for $39/year, yes I would get it, but not for $79....at least not right now.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Lizmo's Avatar
Lizmo Lizmo is offline
Water Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AL
Posts: 17,300
Default

I have Amazon Prime via my student email/number right now. I have it for a year. It is the best. Our whole family uses it through my account. 2-day, free shipping? Then 1-day shipping for *only* $3.99? Such a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
When the student prime runs out, you have the option to renew at half price. Is there a similar promo for mom? I'll be able to get full prime membership for $39/year, which I will absolutely use the value of.
This is great news!
__________________

l ~Jennifer~ l
l Handler for Team Blazin' l Photographer at Joy Photography l Nikon D40X with 35mm 1.8 Nikkor Lens l
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-15-2012, 06:59 PM
M&M's Mommy's Avatar
M&M's Mommy M&M's Mommy is offline
Owned by 3 mutts
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Golden State
Posts: 4,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoe08 View Post
I am pretty sure you shouldn't need Amazon Prime. You get the extra % off if you use subscribe and save which you can do with Amazon mom. Then you set it up to automatically send you diapers however often you want (once a month, every 3 months, etc). However if you don't want the next package sent, you can cancel it before the next shipment.
They changed it for the diapers. Now Subcribe & save only saves you 5%. Amazon mom is tied with Prime, and will save you 20%.

BUT I found a way around it, at least for now. I just opened a new account under my husband's name & voila, got the 3 month trial free again! (I wasted mine, because I only ordered 2 diaper boxes during my free trial!). This time, I'll make good use of the 3 months saving and order everything I'll need in bulk
__________________

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-15-2012, 07:53 PM
drmom777's Avatar
drmom777 drmom777 is offline
Bloody but Unbowed
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: new jersey
Posts: 5,480
Default

Hey, everyone, here's a little known fact- you can share an amazon prime membership among as many as four households. Ours includes us, My cousin in wisconsin, her son and his family, and my daughter Rachel. We each pay every fourth year. Totally worth it. One person gets the membership, and then adds the other people. Each additional person has their own personal and credit card info loaded in, and they are not accessible to each other.
__________________

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-15-2012, 08:03 PM
M&M's Mommy's Avatar
M&M's Mommy M&M's Mommy is offline
Owned by 3 mutts
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Golden State
Posts: 4,295
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmom777 View Post
Hey, everyone, here's a little known fact- you can share an amazon prime membership among as many as four households. Ours includes us, My cousin in wisconsin, her son and his family, and my daughter Rachel. We each pay every fourth year. Totally worth it. One person gets the membership, and then adds the other people. Each additional person has their own personal and credit card info loaded in, and they are not accessible to each other.
Really??? I'll have to look into it. My sister-in-law has one maybe she'll share with me
__________________

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Beanie's Avatar
Beanie Beanie is offline
Clicker Cult Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmom777 View Post
Hey, everyone, here's a little known fact- you can share an amazon prime membership among as many as four households. Ours includes us, My cousin in wisconsin, her son and his family, and my daughter Rachel. We each pay every fourth year. Totally worth it. One person gets the membership, and then adds the other people. Each additional person has their own personal and credit card info loaded in, and they are not accessible to each other.
Their membership info page says four family members in the same household - does this really work even though you guys have different addresses? I'm assuming you all use your individual addresses...
__________________


Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site