Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

What blessed news!

Puck, even if 4 are offered to you, God will still guide you.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
What blessed news!

Puck, even if 4 are offered to you, God will still guide you.
I know. LOL The challenge with 4 is to be sure I listen and choose the one I am supposed to, not necessarily the one I want. I say that because one of them is another consulting type job, basically the same thing I was doing before, just for a bigger company. Was it the consulting stuff, (dealing with hundreds of clients) or just consulting in the toxic environment I was in?

But, in the end... What a silly and blessed thing to be whining about. LOL Ugh.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:58 PM
<--------Orson

Congrats! My sister is a full time preschool teacher and LOVES her job even after she's been doing it for around 8 years Congrats on the baptism too.....that is fantastic news. Your new church sounds so much like our church, we have a fantastic pastor & wife combo.

And to Puck, congrats on your searching success. I'm positive God will put you exactly where you are supposed to be. That doesn't mean it will be your dream job, or you won't get frustrated, angry, or other things you may not like........but you know to have faith in God's plan. Everything has a reason. I will say a prayer for your guidance and peace
Old 05-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Obey the Toad.

Congrats on the job sparks!

Puck, I think it's awesome that you recognized what that job was doing to you and got out. Most people would have stayed there and let it consume them. Pray, take time to listen, and God will lead you down the right path. :-)

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
And to Puck, congrats on your searching success. I'm positive God will put you exactly where you are supposed to be. That doesn't mean it will be your dream job, or you won't get frustrated, angry, or other things you may not like........but you know to have faith in God's plan. Everything has a reason. I will say a prayer for your guidance and peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
Congrats on the job sparks!

Puck, I think it's awesome that you recognized what that job was doing to you and got out. Most people would have stayed there and let it consume them. Pray, take time to listen, and God will lead you down the right path. :-)

Thank you. It really all comes back to Romans 8:28.

Now, to just LISTEN. LOL

Old 05-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Owned by 3 mutts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
I figured God would show me the job I was to have by it being the only offer. WRONG.
God wouldn't take away your freedom to choose, but He will guide you through it.

Congrats to Spark on her new job and upcoming Baptism

Thanks~Jessie~

I believe in the Sun, even when it's not shinning
I believe in Love, even when not feeling it

I believe in God, even when He's silent.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Bloody but Unbowed

I'm glad you have choices, Puck, and I am sure you will use your faith and judgement to pick the right one for you, at this point in your life.

And Sparks, a GIANT congratulatory ((((HUG)))) for you.

You both deserve the best.

I know how important a good house of worship can be. Our meeting has supported us when we needed support, both financially and spiritually, and rejoiced with us when things have gone well. It is amazing the power of God that there is within a congregation.

Thanks Baxter'smybaby. You're the Best.
Bless All the Abandoned Animals, Left to Die Alone, Abandoned, Frightened, and Confused
Old 05-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Super-Genius

I GOT A JOB!!!!!

And it was not even one of the 3 I thought it would be. The first place I interviewed at, my enterprise skills were not a match. They needed somebody who could hit the ground running with a massive scale Exchange migration. I honestly told them that my skills were not on that kind of a scale, yet. FF to today. The person who interviewed me had a position open up and they liked me so much, other than the need for me to have a month to get up to speed with the scale, they just offered it to me without another interview.

Its one of the most humbling things that has ever happened to me. Also, the pay and benefits are unreal. Its a bit of a hike, about 49 miles one way. There is another person there who lives in Lancaster, so maybe we can car (truck in my case, LOL) pool.

Happy dance! THANK YOU all for the prayers and vibes.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:31 PM
The Littlest Hound

YAYYYY!!! congrats! That is a hike... I'm sure the other person would be happy to carpool lol

Job hunting can be so frustrating, and you both seem to have done wonderfully

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug (5/2004 - 3/2014)
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 05-18-2012, 03:51 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Thanks everyone for the support and well wishes.

This was an amazing series of events today. The day started out with a rejection letter in an email from a company he emailed with but his skill set just wasn't quite right for the position and he knew that would be the case after the interview with them but it still really hit him hard and he was a bit down in the dumps.

When he told me about the rejection letter I immediately stopped and prayed and this is exactly what I prayed....

"Dear God, Brian was dealt a hard blow this morning and while we know you will guide us and everything will be just fine his morale is really low right now. He really needs to hear some good news today even if the good news isn't THE job that you want him to have the boost in morale is just what he needs. if it's not the right job you'll tell us and point us in the right direction but he just needs some good news. Please Lord, let him get a phone call or an email with good news to lift his spirits."

I may be paraphrasing but that's essentially what I prayed for.

I kid you not... 5 minutes later the phone rang with the job offer and it was from a company that he really didn't even expect to hear back from lol.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney