Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Felurian

On the child support thing -- assume he's lying, since he's very good at that. Otherwise, assume it's a control thing.

Since he has no legal hold over Briggs, take the money, think of it as support for you to get your feet under you -- or think of it as reparation. Either way, you've earned it. It's not a hand out and don't ever let yourself think of it that way.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Taxiderpy

*epichugs*

Paige, you're brilliant and wonderful, and I'm so so sorry you're having to go through all this. I agree with Renee. If he wants to hand over money just take it.

And are you in Canada or the US? (not sure which Vancouver) In WA state people can face criminal charges for being negligent douches and exposing people to HIV even if it isn't transmitted. Is there a way to force him to be tested since he's exposed an unborn baby to who knows what?

You, Briggs, and the baby are in our prayers. I really hope you guys are safe and healthy. And if you are heading to the WA Vancouver, we should hang out and gets some hot chocolate or something.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Let it be

Vancouver as in Canada. He isn't controlling over money in that sense he is just the one who works and I am not the type to open shared bank accounts. He always pays rent on time, buys groceries and honestly... he has never done anything to my son. I'm going to take the money for sure for this month because I need it. He won't have any rights to Briggs. This was honestly so out of left field. I had one other issue with him where he said i was just being silly (posted a thread about it a long time ago about my friend) and other than that he was a pretty decent boyfriend. A crier and a hoverer when we'd get into a disagreement but this caught me so off guard. This is the first time I've really felet his behavior has gone over board into controling but thank goodness i found out now! Im only 20 I have my whole life ahead of me.

I am just happy I am going to be so far away. I get dropped off to get my stuff in an hour (he's at work) and have plans with friends in Vancouver to keep me bussy. And a date with the doctor for an STD test. I was going to leave him with the cat he got me but I honestly just can't leave the cat behind so I have to go wrangle the little stink up too.

I'm so glad that even though my family is a bit loonie they are there for me when I need them. There is no way I could've gotten home with my dog if it weren't for my mom coming to get me.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:27 AM
Felurian

I'm so relieved your mom is coming to get you. ((((((((BIGHUGS))))))))

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Top Dog

How horrible I'm glad you (and Briggs and the fuzzies) are getting out safely. Hopefully he had at least some self-preservation instinct (even snakes have a survival instinct) and did use protection.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:46 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I am so sorry, Paige. I don't have any life-changing advice to give, but I do know that you're beautiful. Every picture I've seen you post here, I've never thought anything less.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Twin 2.0

Oh God, I am so sorry, Paige! I'm glad your mom is coming to get you. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))) )))))))))

Agreed, it has nothing to do with you. He probably was getting some type of "thrill" out of it and just being a stupid boy.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Let it be

Ahh I just don't understand. No one deserves it no matter how they look or act I just am truly baffled because there is literally no reason. No attraction issues, no HUGE issue in our relationship other than this... obviously it's a very deep rooted issue and I am glad I have somewhere to go. It was so shocking. I can't even be mad anymore. Takes a really sick person to do that and I just hope he gets help so he can have a healthy relationship with his future baby and Briggs.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotDobe View Post
I am so sorry, Paige. I don't have any life-changing advice to give, but I do know that you're beautiful. Every picture I've seen you post here, I've never thought anything less.
This. Over and over again. <3 <3 <3
Old 05-15-2012, 01:27 PM
The Littlest Hound

((hugs)) I have no idea what to say, but I'm so glad your mom's coming to get you and you have somewhere to go. We're here for you! <3

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CCH 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage CA

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)