Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
I agree she does have quite a few good qualities. But after having a dog with almost word for word the same issues those are things you should probably bring up.
I TOTALLY agree that you should bring up her issues to potential adopters. I know of rescues that hide bite histories and such just to get the dog adopted, and this is totally wrong.

BUT... At this stage in the game, the OP needs to focus on getting INTEREST in the dog. Get people to fill out applications and inquire about the dog. Then screen the adopters for good candidates, let them know about the dog's issues, and let them try her out if they are ready.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:33 PM
and Fozzie B!

I would do a photoshoot with her. Get some REALLY good pictures that show off her personality & what she loves to do! Appealing the seniors is a good idea... maybe the rescue would be willing to do a senior discount?

What kind of training methods are they using in her foster home? Clicker training helps so much with desensitizing scared dogs... just practicing LAT or BAT daily could help a lot with her fear of men. Not that she would ever enjoy living with a man, but just being calm and confident in public is important.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie