Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 05-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Big Dog

I'm a big fan of yearly bloodwork. Both Rocky and Baxter get bloodwork yearly (my vet refers to it as a "Wellness Test") and have since we first got them. It detected Rocky's very minor liver disease early and we were able to start his supplements before it progressed into something more serious.

All our vet does is just draw a little more blood when we take our guys in for their heartworm tests.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Top Dog

Both Mu and Tipper (3 years old) have had their bloodwork done in the last year. I'll probably go every other year for them until they're 6 or 7. Murphy has had his done for the last two or three years (he's 9 years old) and will have it done every year from now on. Actually he has to go back in a couple months to get re-tested because his creatine level was slightly elevated this year.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 06-11-2012, 03:28 AM
Top Dog

I used to get King and Molly's blood done every year. When they do King's Cushing's disease tests to determine his med dosage, they do a general blood test anyway. At 13 and a half, I don't do Molly's anymore, as no matter what they would find, I wouldn't really put her through doing anything about it, nor would I do anything if King had any abnormalities either. The trips once or twice a year to the vet cause her tremendous stress anyway.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Lilly gets a geriatric screen once a year. All is still good with the old birdie.

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/