Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~ View Post
If there is one thing I really can't stand, it is the elitist, condescending and sharp attitude some people have no qualms giving to brand new, clueless members who join the forum looking for advice.
Yeah that does bother me. It's cruel and unproductive.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Kotah BEAR

I don't hate anyone on here, I have a problem with a couple but nothing that I can't control and get over. I might disagree with a lot of people on here but that doesn't mean I don't like them.

Somehow, someway every person on this forum has made me smile, laugh, and made me feel so warm inside.
Fran and I have butt heads before, but her funny posts with gifs make my day, every single time. <3

Yall are my Chaz family no matter if you hate me or if I don't agree with you. Yall have all been there for me, and others, when the time came. And that just makes all the BS and disagrees worth it.

Ok, I'm done being mushy lol
Old 05-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
I think too many people equate disagreement with hate. This forum actually brings out the very worst in me and I know that is the same for many others as well.
This.

Awhile back I just reached a point where opinions of people on the internet are just... meh. I don't put emotional investment into people on the internet anymore, it's just not worth it. I've seen the best and the worst of people on this forum, unfortunately more of the "worst" than the best.

... which used to frustrate/upset me, but now I just move on and don't allow myself to be provoked by the drama.

On the Gay Marriage thread, I had clicked several multi-quote boxes, thought about it, and then just said "Meh, nothing I say will be earth shattering" and walked a dog.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 05-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Let it be

I've never taken a disagreement to = HATE YOUR GUTS. I am not to really over argue with someone. I may say a few points but I generally just read.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Top Dog

I don't hate anyone. I try and avoid debates, (not always a success) because I am always worried that no matter how careful I think my wording is something I say is going to hurt or offend someone so if I can help it I don't speak much on issues. I read a lot of threads I start to respond then I stop and delete..I don't want to say the wrong thing. I know I don't post much but I do care and would rather be that dork that only pops in from time to time to post periodically than get into a debate
and risk hurting someone's feelings.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Just try me..

Really there are very few people I dislike on chaz. IME I have to really know someone and have a very good reason to dislike them lol. That usually means they have had to do something really horrible and I can only think of one chazzer that fits that bill.. so the vast majority of you are safe

(I am sure you all will now sleep better knowing that )

There are a few people that I don't like, but that is different than dislike. More of an ambivalence towards them. Dislike is personal, takes energy. Not going to 'waste' energy keeping a grudge on the internet. Generally just ignore and move on. Half the time in a debate thread I dont' even pay attention to who I am responding too. At least on chaz I do notice some of the time. On other forums there are too many people to get to know so I just respond never paying attention to the poster's history.

I love a good debate. I hope you all know that I don't dislike anyone really (and no one in this thread) and just like to argue
Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I don't hate anybody. Except for Sizzle, SaraB, and PWCorgi. They're all Clique-y and gross.

or maybe I got that backwards. Who knows.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
I don't hate anybody. Except for Sizzle, SaraB, and PWCorgi. They're all Clique-y and gross.

or maybe I got that backwards. Who knows.
Gross? Yes.

Clique-y? Well only if you mean the dog training tool.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Durp Dog

I try to start away from debate threads, I mostly avoid "conflict."

I know after my posts in the merle thread some of you have probably wrote me off as an @sshole, but A LOT of things went on behind the scenes. I noticed a ton of red flags. Yes I could have PMed the info to the person that asked, but I was hoping someone on here could clear it up - I know several people on here are interested in the breed.

That said, I don't hate anyone on here. A couple people rub me the wrong way sometimes - but it's nothing major and I realize it could just be a lost in translation (internet vs. real life) thing.

I love my crazy dog people!
Old 05-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Oh to actually answer the questions, I don't think a disagreement makes me hate somebody. Usually I can tell off the bat if they're assholes and just stay away from them, anyway

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13