Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-13-2012, 12:39 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by filarotten View Post
Well, you know me...I'm going to say the Fila, however the Ridgeback wouldn't be a bad choice. The more I see them, the more I like them. But, under the circumstances, probably the Fila would be a very good choice. Just remember, the older they get the more protective they become. I personally think Brindles are a little more forgiving with strange kids, than Fawns.

110lbs. Female, I can't imagine one that small. Almost a purse size. Just what I have been wanting. I need a shrink ray like cartoons have, so I can shrink mine down ocassionally and carry mine around when I get the urge for a purse dog.
lol! The breeder told me that a lot of fila breeders would consider her "soft", then went on to describe Kharma's temperament. lol.

I'm really hoping for a black. Mom is brindle and dad is black, so they could have all three colors. She said that in her litters she notices temperament is more an individual dog thing than a color thing. Have you ever met any blacks?

If I get a black I want to name it Judge.

And if we end up with a fila, I'll be crating her away from the kids when they have friends over. Kids roughhouse, and I don't want anybody getting hurt due to a misunderstanding.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:57 PM
and Spy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
And if we end up with a fila, I'll be crating her away from the kids when they have friends over. Kids roughhouse, and I don't want anybody getting hurt due to a misunderstanding.
I think that is your best route. You just never know, and with a dog that is so programmed to protect, it is probably safest for everybody and will give you the most peace of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Fila Love

No I have never had the pleasure of meeting a black Fila...I'm waiting for you to get one, so I can. Well, I did for a few minutes. Unfortunately she died soon after being born. She was the first pup born and Cleo accidentally killed her.

I would have that puppy around every kid in the neighborhood, as much as possible. You may end up having one spend the night, eventually. It will be much easier on you, and your Fila, Judge, if (and jury ) it is used to being around kids other than your own. Filas are NOT QUIET when they are not allowed around their people. Especially kids. They can watch out for their kids peacfully with other kids if they are socialized around them enough. Judge will be happy stealing the ball from them and playing in sand box, swimming. rofl
Old 05-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by filarotten View Post
No I have never had the pleasure of meeting a black Fila...I'm waiting for you to get one, so I can. Well, I did for a few minutes. Unfortunately she died soon after being born. She was the first pup born and Cleo accidentally killed her.

I would have that puppy around every kid in the neighborhood, as much as possible. You may end up having one spend the night, eventually. It will be much easier on you, and your Fila, Judge, if (and jury ) it is used to being around kids other than your own. Filas are NOT QUIET when they are not allowed around their people. Especially kids. They can watch out for their kids peacfully with other kids if they are socialized around them enough. Judge will be happy stealing the ball from them and playing in sand box, swimming. rofl
That's really good to know, lol. My kids have 20+ cousins under the age of 10 living within 30 miles of us, and they like to have sleepovers and playdays all the time so as a puppy it would definitely be heavily socialized with the young cousins at the very least. I'm kind of hoping it'll adopt them as honorary family members. lol
Old 05-13-2012, 05:49 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Zoi Zoi Zoi!!!!

Good luck renting with a Fila

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Well, last attempted break in (2 weeks ago now?) was at 11 am in broad daylight with us home. Fortunately we keep the door locked even when we're home so she didn't make it inside, and the police busted her , but there's not a lot in terms of alarms that would have stopped her.
You need an Ivan, Romy. When I'm home I don't worry about locking the door. ANY ONE attempting to walk through my door with out me inviting them is going to get the door slammed off their nose. He knows before anyone steps onto the porch (yes hes the little old lady who watches the 'hood). And he runs for the door being as loud and mean as he can and then he jumps on the door. Needless to say I don't have uninvited people into my house. And I like it that way. LOL
Too bad you weren't looking at Dals as your 3rd dog. They are great watch dogs.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Well, last attempted break in (2 weeks ago now?) was at 11 am in broad daylight with us home. Fortunately we keep the door locked even when we're home so she didn't make it inside, and the police busted her , but there's not a lot in terms of alarms that would have stopped her.
And there's even a question in your mind? With all the other crap on top of that?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Taxiderpy

lol Renee. It just shows how much I love my zois. Have to wait and see who all is born, and what is meant to be will be.

And dude, I would totally take a cloned Ivan or Rage. Plotts are awesome. I hadn't really looked at dals because of the potential health issues, but they're pretty cool too.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Top Dog

Romy, I have a solution for you. Get a zoi and a fila. Then, one can live with you and the other can live with me. Then after, say 6 months, we switch. I see absolutely no holes with this plan.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 05-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
Romy, I have a solution for you. Get a zoi and a fila. Then, one can live with you and the other can live with me. Then after, say 6 months, we switch. I see absolutely no holes with this plan.
Okay, but I want to start with the fila...