Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Top Dog

I'm partial to sighthounds, and I love beezer's so i'd say go with the beezer lol! Who are the parents for the available beezers? I know there are a bit of pups available right now so just curious I haven't had a beezer pup yet, but heard they are quite the handful, but an absolute joy to live with! And to add..beezer's do make very good alert dogs, they are not good guard dogs, but they will bark like crazy if ppl or animals are outside!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Top Dog

I think no matter what breed you pick (minus the Fila) is going to take their que from the Zois. And if they aren't barking then the puppy may or may not learn to bark. I know Ivans breeder has 2 beezers and from being raised with the dals they will bark and alert.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsydals View Post
I think no matter what breed you pick (minus the Fila) is going to take their que from the Zois.
SERIOUSLY!

Although they are very family/pack oriented and instinctively work together.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Top Dog

I suppose it would depend on what your living situation is/will be. Renting with a large breed...particularly one so protective in nature, can be challenging.

I think any dog with a bark will serve your purpose fine.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Obey the Toad.

I would go with a ridgie.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:55 AM
Taxiderpy

Thank you Fran, that door alarm looks awesome!!!

Oh man. Okay. I think it will be either a fila or the borzoi. The dam of the prospective fila litter is 110 lbs. Dad is substantially larger, but if the breeder has a runty female with the perfect temperament that could totally be my perfect dog.

Then I have to wait and see what bozos are born and all. That's what it will boil down to.

Ridgebacks are pretty awesome. I haven't had much interest in owning one, but do like them.

And aussies are one I hadn't considered. I'm not really a herding dog person at all, but aussies are independent enough I could get along with one more than most of the breeds if neither one of these options work out.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Love my pets

How about flood lights attached to motion detectors to go off when someone is there. I have no input on the breed as I think in your heart you will decide which you want.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romy View Post
Oh man. Okay. I think it will be either a fila or the borzoi. The dam of the prospective fila litter is 110 lbs. Dad is substantially larger, but if the breeder has a runty female with the perfect temperament that could totally be my perfect dog.

Then I have to wait and see what bozos are born and all. That's what it will boil down to.
If the Fila litter will be on the ground and ready to go before the Borzoi litter, that sounds like the best plan of action. Then you are technically not passing up on either, but just waiting to see which pup will be the best fit.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Taxiderpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb04 View Post
How about flood lights attached to motion detectors to go off when someone is there. I have no input on the breed as I think in your heart you will decide which you want.
Well, last attempted break in (2 weeks ago now?) was at 11 am in broad daylight with us home. Fortunately we keep the door locked even when we're home so she didn't make it inside, and the police busted her , but there's not a lot in terms of alarms that would have stopped her.

It would be nice to get a floodlight for the backyard though. The front yard has 24/7 floodlights anyway because my dad is super patriotic and built a giant flag pole, then installed floodlights all pointed at it to keep the flag illuminated at all times.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Fila Love

Well, you know me...I'm going to say the Fila, however the Ridgeback wouldn't be a bad choice. The more I see them, the more I like them. But, under the circumstances, probably the Fila would be a very good choice. Just remember, the older they get the more protective they become. I personally think Brindles are a little more forgiving with strange kids, than Fawns.

110lbs. Female, I can't imagine one that small. Almost a purse size. Just what I have been wanting. I need a shrink ray like cartoons have, so I can shrink mine down ocassionally and carry mine around when I get the urge for a purse dog.