Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 05-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Sooo....if you are against same-sex marriage, you obviously hate gay people?

I cannot fathom while people lump it into an "all or nothing" situation. I guess because the resulting response more "justified".....?
I would say, no you dont obviously hate gay people. However, yes, I believe in denying them what I believe to be a fundamental civil right you are acting in a hateful manner.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:

I cannot fathom while people lump it into an "all or nothing" situation. I guess because the resulting response more "justified".....?
BECAUSE honestly, what reasons could you have for not agreeing that they should have BASIC RIGHTS?!
How does equal rights for them even affect you?

I'm sorry but if you are all for not allowing gay couples the right to marry, to visit each-other in the hospital, to share health insurance, to have parental rights and all the other basic rights that come with having equal rights with any other couple.
then yea, you might not hate gay people, sure.. but what reasons do you have for that kind of unfairness?

It might not be hate.
but if it looks like a duck.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I notice that Puck has already bailed on the topic so I'm guessing no one is going to answer.
No. I gave my answer. It is one that is quite unpopular here, so whats the point of hanging around and letting everybody get their licks in?

God tells me that homosexuality is a sin. End of story.

We can drag out and fight all day about this, whose mind is going to change? The pro gay marriage argument is centered in human "reason". Mine is centered on Gods commandments. I have heard all the easy responces to this line of stuff before, so please spare me the "see Christians are just dumb and don't think" stuff. Trust me, I put a LOT of thought into this.

There is just little point in going deeper than this, here. We have had this discussion 100 times already.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post

So are a lot of other things that are legal. Are you fighting and voting to make them illegal too? Having other gods? Having affairs? Honoring your father and mother?

I dont mean for this to sound snarky or anything. I just cant understand why so many people are so stuck on this one that does not affect them at all.

Last edited by eddieq; 05-10-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Old 05-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post

ETA: I am not a fan of Obama, and will not be voting for him. Just wanted to drop that in here.
This ^^^

That is all that I have to contribute.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Tru evil has no pantyline

Quote:

No no. I meant I don't care if someone hates gay people OR if they disagree with gay marriage. Didn't mean to do one you have to do the other. Hope that clears it up. Smartphone = shorthand

Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Top Dog

So, I ask again, why should one group of consenting adults not be granted the same protections and rights of the law as another group of consenting adults in this country? your God tells you so? God can't tell our gov't which laws apply to which people. and what about people that get married under the eyes of another God? are you in favor of banning those marriages. i'm pretty sure your bible also tells you not to honor false gods right? and why can't people not agree with something in their personal life, let afford others the same rights that they enjoy without having to ban everything?
Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Fishies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Honestly, I don't know how I feel about brother/sister marriage. There are serious consequences to producing children in such a relationship. And I don't think it would ever come to a legal battle, solely because of the inherent ick factor so I probably won't ever have to decide how I feel.

What I think is that you're snowballing and trying to divert the topic so you don't have to answer the question. I notice that Puck has already bailed on the topic so I'm guessing no one is going to answer.
A European court actually just upheld a conviction for incest. A guy who was adopted away met his family and eventually married his blood sister. The article said 2 of the 4 resulting children had disabilities. It did not say how severe or how likely it was tied to the incest though.

The state MAY have a say in incest (first cousin) marriages due to the risk of disabled children. This link suggests its an overblown risk: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...ousinmarriage/

Counting all the exceptions, more states let you marry a first cousin than not: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Co...riage_map1.svg Also, there is no Defense of Marriage Act for Cousins. Another state will have to accept their marriage as legal.

I would certainly suggest an exception if there was a physical reason the incestuous couple could not reproduce. Then again, since when are we requiring people to get married before having sex...
Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Why should one person's God dictate what everyone should do?

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 05-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
No. I gave my answer. It is one that is quite unpopular here, so whats the point of hanging around and letting everybody get their licks in?

That isn't a reason. That's blind faith. If you say "Oh by the way Taqroy, I think gay marriage is wrong because God says it's a sin and I fully believe him," I'll accept that (you did that already, ftr, I just missed it). Am I going to think less of you? Yeah, I am. Because *I* wouldn't accept condemning a whole group of people on the say so of one being.

And you seem like a smart, logical, well rounded person so I'm sure you have put a lot of thought into your chosen belief system. So have I. And if you've put a lot of thought into why homosexuality is bad then I would expect you to have better reasons than "because that guy said so."

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013