Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Greenmagick's Avatar
Greenmagick Greenmagick is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Sooo....if you are against same-sex marriage, you obviously hate gay people?

I cannot fathom while people lump it into an "all or nothing" situation. I guess because the resulting response more "justified".....?
I would say, no you dont obviously hate gay people. However, yes, I believe in denying them what I believe to be a fundamental civil right you are acting in a hateful manner.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Fran101's Avatar
Fran101 Fran101 is offline
Resident fainting goat
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 12,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Sooo....if you are against same-sex marriage, you obviously hate gay people?

I cannot fathom while people lump it into an "all or nothing" situation. I guess because the resulting response more "justified".....?
BECAUSE honestly, what reasons could you have for not agreeing that they should have BASIC RIGHTS?!
How does equal rights for them even affect you?

I'm sorry but if you are all for not allowing gay couples the right to marry, to visit each-other in the hospital, to share health insurance, to have parental rights and all the other basic rights that come with having equal rights with any other couple.
then yea, you might not hate gay people, sure.. but what reasons do you have for that kind of unfairness?

It might not be hate.
but if it looks like a duck.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Puckstop31's Avatar
Puckstop31 Puckstop31 is offline
Super-Genius
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA, USA
Posts: 5,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I notice that Puck has already bailed on the topic so I'm guessing no one is going to answer.
No. I gave my answer. It is one that is quite unpopular here, so whats the point of hanging around and letting everybody get their licks in?

God tells me that homosexuality is a sin. End of story.

We can drag out and fight all day about this, whose mind is going to change? The pro gay marriage argument is centered in human "reason". Mine is centered on Gods commandments. I have heard all the easy responces to this line of stuff before, so please spare me the "see Christians are just dumb and don't think" stuff. Trust me, I put a LOT of thought into this.

There is just little point in going deeper than this, here. We have had this discussion 100 times already.
__________________
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28


R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Greenmagick's Avatar
Greenmagick Greenmagick is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post

God tells me that homosexuality is a sin. End of story.
So are a lot of other things that are legal. Are you fighting and voting to make them illegal too? Having other gods? Having affairs? Honoring your father and mother?

I dont mean for this to sound snarky or anything. I just cant understand why so many people are so stuck on this one that does not affect them at all.
__________________

Last edited by eddieq; 05-10-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Dakotah's Avatar
Dakotah Dakotah is offline
Kotah BEAR
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 7,998
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post

ETA: I am not a fan of Obama, and will not be voting for him. Just wanted to drop that in here.
This ^^^

That is all that I have to contribute.
__________________
*War Eagle*
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:28 AM
puppydog's Avatar
puppydog puppydog is offline
Tru evil has no pantyline
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miakoda View Post
Sooo....if you are against same-sex marriage, you obviously hate gay people?

I cannot fathom while people lump it into an "all or nothing" situation. I guess because the resulting response more "justified".....?
No no. I meant I don't care if someone hates gay people OR if they disagree with gay marriage. Didn't mean to do one you have to do the other. Hope that clears it up. Smartphone = shorthand
__________________


Run free my special angel. I love you and will miss you forever more. You touched everyone with your light.

Abusive ground RAW feeder since 2009

Blog---> http://bananarepublic-ct.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:30 AM
release the hounds release the hounds is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,055
Default

So, I ask again, why should one group of consenting adults not be granted the same protections and rights of the law as another group of consenting adults in this country? your God tells you so? God can't tell our gov't which laws apply to which people. and what about people that get married under the eyes of another God? are you in favor of banning those marriages. i'm pretty sure your bible also tells you not to honor false gods right? and why can't people not agree with something in their personal life, let afford others the same rights that they enjoy without having to ban everything?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Psyfalcon Psyfalcon is offline
Fishies!
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
Honestly, I don't know how I feel about brother/sister marriage. There are serious consequences to producing children in such a relationship. And I don't think it would ever come to a legal battle, solely because of the inherent ick factor so I probably won't ever have to decide how I feel.

What I think is that you're snowballing and trying to divert the topic so you don't have to answer the question. I notice that Puck has already bailed on the topic so I'm guessing no one is going to answer.
A European court actually just upheld a conviction for incest. A guy who was adopted away met his family and eventually married his blood sister. The article said 2 of the 4 resulting children had disabilities. It did not say how severe or how likely it was tied to the incest though.

The state MAY have a say in incest (first cousin) marriages due to the risk of disabled children. This link suggests its an overblown risk: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...ousinmarriage/

Counting all the exceptions, more states let you marry a first cousin than not: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Co...riage_map1.svg Also, there is no Defense of Marriage Act for Cousins. Another state will have to accept their marriage as legal.

I would certainly suggest an exception if there was a physical reason the incestuous couple could not reproduce. Then again, since when are we requiring people to get married before having sex...
__________________
Buster
PhotoBlog
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 AM
~Jessie~'s Avatar
~Jessie~ ~Jessie~ is offline
Chihuahua Power!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 19,601
Default

Why should one person's God dictate what everyone should do?
__________________

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Taqroy's Avatar
Taqroy Taqroy is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 5,534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
No. I gave my answer. It is one that is quite unpopular here, so whats the point of hanging around and letting everybody get their licks in?

God tells me that homosexuality is a sin. End of story.
That isn't a reason. That's blind faith. If you say "Oh by the way Taqroy, I think gay marriage is wrong because God says it's a sin and I fully believe him," I'll accept that (you did that already, ftr, I just missed it). Am I going to think less of you? Yeah, I am. Because *I* wouldn't accept condemning a whole group of people on the say so of one being.

And you seem like a smart, logical, well rounded person so I'm sure you have put a lot of thought into your chosen belief system. So have I. And if you've put a lot of thought into why homosexuality is bad then I would expect you to have better reasons than "because that guy said so."
__________________


I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site